opk strength

JPS

Reaction score
I have been using ebay cheapies to test for ovulation. The first 2 orders I never got a test line more than half as dark as the control. However this round I have got one that is almost as dark. I checked the pack and they are 15 miU instead of the previous 30miu's I incorrectly received.

Looking at Fertility Plan's website it actually says that "When the LH surge is present the "Test" line (lower of the two lines in the white area) will be almost as dark or darker than the "Control" line (upper line in the white area)." Does this mean that if the line is almost as dark it can be read as positive? Hubby is away for a week but we bd'ed yesterday and today... will that be ok. I have a 'show' cervix and cm...

I think a lot of women on here never or very rarely get a true positive on opks so they take a line nearly as dark as a positive. I can only say what I have read as I do not use them myself.....Yet :) It is good that you bd yesterday and today as spearm can last for 3 days (some say 5 days) inside so hopefully they will catch the egg. Good luck :hug:

Hi :wave:

The best line I have ever had from one - and this was quite an expensive pack - was only ever fainter than the control line. I guess you just have to go with the darkest line you can get. Maybe it makes a difference when you have not had much to drink over the 4 hour period or whatever it is before you pee :think: I can't really get on with them either myself but as you said, you have bd'ed quite recently so fingers crossed the little spremies will be in the right place ready and waiting. Good luck! x

hi there
I use the 15miu ov tests from eBay And last month I didn't get a line darker than the control by one that was almost as dark. I took otto be positive and I got a bfp!
Sadly I had a chemical pregnancy that month but.....
This month I used them again and got a definite dark line- the same depth in colour as the control!!!
I agree that the time of day and how concentrated yoururine is will have a big impact on the line- I'd take your 'almost as dark' as a positiveand get bd-ing quick!!!!

Good luck ttc xxxxx

Thanks everyone for your replies. Fingers crossed for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back