• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinions girls please

jennifer1981

Reaction score
Dylan's into his 4th week wwith a cold that isn't getting any better at all. In fact id prob say it's gotten a bit worse. He has a stuffy/runny nose, sneezing, weepy eyes and a chesty cough.

I took him the drs last wk and he gave him the once over and prescribed him linctus for his cough (as his throat was a little red). He said if it was no better then to take him back. I took him back today yest and he prescribed him an anti biotic. He said he doesn't think he has an infection, it's just with him having had the cold for this long he doesn't want one to develop.

I feel so sorry for him at the moment. You know the way colds get worse of a night as well?

Has anyone known a cold to go on for this long? Why is it lingering on him and not getting any better? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hi hun,
hope he's feeling better by now...tbh with u I don't know why but I would see another Dr..I just got a feeling this one didn't know what ur LO exactly has..and secondly I don't like Dr's prescribing anti biotics it's like they are giving up !

try and see another Dr hun...and it might be he's got some sort of allergy rather than colds?!

if ur bathing him every day..try not to for a day or 2 and see if he is getting any better....try give him some water as well it will help...also try using saline nasal solutions ...

I really hope he's is better hun. :hug:

Personally I sometimes get colds for up to 3 months! Crazy but true.

Not quite the same but DD used to be on antibiotics so that she didn't get a UTI as she had enlarged kidneys. I feel the last poster was suggesting you shouldn't give him antibiotics whereas your doctor wanted to take as a preventative presumably to chest infection and I think you should follow the doctor's advice.

DD has been on formula since Christmas and I feel like she has had a permanent cold since then - although she usually seems OK in herself her nose has run constantly for months and like you have said, it seems worse at night as she coughs then :(

Thanks for the replies.

I will continue to give him the anti biotics until the course finishes as i feel it would be worse to stop them half way through.

Its not even as though he has a few sniffles or a little bit of a cold it is full blown (excuse the pun). He is sneezing loads, really bunged up and stuffy, nose constantly dripping, eyes weeping, coughing and has even has a hoarse voice.

I think il see how he is after this anti biotic has run its' course and if he is the same i will get a second opinion.

I just hate seeing him like this and it's gone on for ages now :cry:

Cant offer much advice but when Charlie had a cold I took him into the bathroom with the shower running (steam helps) & got capol vapour plug ins (from boots) or a few drops of olbus oil on a tissue near him to help clear his nose & chest. You could also try nasol (sp) for his wee blocked nose.

Hope he feels better soon.

I've personally never tried it but a friend of my mum's swears by vicks vapo rub... rubbing it onto the feet and then putting socks on. apparently helps clear up the stuffy nose and helps with sleep...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back