Operation wake Riven up :)

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So yesterday I felt barely any movement from the baba, I felt him in the morning with one swift kick, then when I was layed on my back at night in bed I got about 4 kicks.

All day nothing, nada and he is normally an active little bugger, after the Heart racing incident of the day before the doc told me to cut out caffiene ( I have cut down to 3 cups a day anyway) and I didn;t have any yesterday, today I am going for one big cup to try and wake him up :) I'm getting a little concerned :roll:

I tried Ice pops and cold beverages yesterday but can't think of anything else to try so again I am coming to you ladies, do you have any ideas for how I can get him moving??

:) xxx

Chocolate works for Albert. If you are worried though hunny go get monitored. He could just be quiet after the stress of yesterday and is resting. Don't take any chances or think you are making a fuss and they'll get annoyed with you cos they won't

Hope the little monkey moves soon xxxxxxxx

I feel like a big worry monster at the moment :), were so close I just don't want anything to go wrong...

I will probably wait til lunch see if he wakes up any and go from there :) xx

Try having a glass of a really cold fizzy drink (coke works well) and drink it all very quickly.
Gives Austin hiccups and gets him wriggling every time.
But, I agree, get him checked if your worried.
X

Lie of your side and have a cold drink, that always gets my LO moving

Try something sugary, always works for me!

So I tried everything suggested and still nothin :roll:

Either the boy is being very lazy or is determined to mnake me worry.

I called the maternity unit and I have booked an appointment for 3.30pm today just to make sure.

I feel really bad and that I shouldn;t be worrying as it's probably just the lack of caffiene after abstaining but I can't help worrying :(

Please someone tell me I am not being totally neurotic :roll:

hey hun

ur not being neurotic, just a mummy who is worried about her LO and that will never change now!! and hopefully ur appt will put ur mind at ease and all is ok :hugs:

my little man always wakes up and wriggles at ice cream a nice big bowl and moves even quicker if i rest the cold bowl on my tummy while eating :) cruel i know but least he responds xxx

Hey hun, hope you're ok. Sorry LO is making you worry. You are absolutely not being neurotic and won't be wasting anybodies time, it's what they are there for, to make sure LO gets here safe n sound. It's why we have to start kick counting from 28 weeks and my local hospital say even if you feel only 9 out of the 10 counts to go to them.

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure LO will wake up just as you walk in the door lol

xxxxxx :hug:

Hunny you are not neurotic, the mw themselves will tell you you've done the right thing. Get checked out and your mind put at rest. It's virtually guaranteed Riven will start breakdancing as soon as you get there lol but don't worry about that it happens all the time :hug: xxxxxxxxx

Well everyone was right :), he started moving whilst I was in there, they monitored me for 20 minutes and in that time he kicked the monitor 8 times :)

They were brilliant and the midwife was so nice :)

Seems Riven just likes worrying mummy lol little wotsit haha!!

Thanks for the support it means a lot, especially when you have oH going 'it's fine I am sure he's ok', as it turns out on this occasion he was so I might let him off :)
xxx

:yay:

I swear they can sense when we are waiting for them to move so they hide lol

So glad LO remembered to say hello to mummy today xxx

Glad everything's ok. Just because it was this time though don't ever hesitate to ring them if you are worried, that's what they are there for and they would rather you go and get checked sooner than later :hug: xxxxxxxx

i hate it when this happens its horrible to worry!! good for going in though and glad everything is ok :)

xxxx

awww i know exactly what you went through i had this a couple weeks ago and low and behold as soona s the doppler was put on my belly she kicked it...
Im sure they do it purpose some times xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back