Operation/procedure advice

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Moofa, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Moofa

    Moofa Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Messages:
    1,306
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi

    I have had UTIs on and off for 2 years and currently seeing a specialist. I am due to have a test in December where they insert a catheta (can't speel) and fill up my bladder and then make me wee and test my flow to see if the bladder is retaining fluid and not emptying.

    I will be 9 weeks and 4 days then, do you think it will still be safe to go ahead with it? I will phone the hospital in a few weeks to ask but it is difficult for me to do this at work as I'm not making any annoucement so I wondered if anybody knew?

    :hug:

    Mx
     
  2. ella

    ella Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1,979
    Likes Received:
    0
    Generally they will advise you, if there is any risk to your baby they wont do it.
     
  3. DebbieM

    DebbieM Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    Messages:
    6,212
    Likes Received:
    0
    I would definitely contact the hospital and ask them or even ask your MW if it is safe :)
     
  4. tots hope

    tots hope Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1,935
    Likes Received:
    0
    Best to ask when you are able to - they may want to wait until you are further gone which means they will have to re-arrange your appointment. Best to ask ASAP so you know what youare doing. Hope all goes well x x x
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice