ooooh please help me i'm so confused?!

Krystal

Reaction score
:cry: My head battered with all this lol

Hoping someone can help.

Know i've left things late. I currently claim child benefit and have left child tax credits until now. I just called them and they say I am entitled to only £20.00 per week approx :doh: I thought it would be more than this. My OH works 37.5 hours a week I work 20 hours per week. Not a problem right now but when I go back to work £80 per month isn't gonna help much with the childcare costs :cry: Am I missing out on something?

Does that £20 include your childcare costs? I get £10 a week, my OH works 38 ish hours a week and I work £23.5. we don't get help with childcare as we use family and it has to be a registered child care provider to be able to claim.

thanks for your reply hun, no it doesn't include the childcare costs :doh: they said I have to call back when I go back to work and have my hours and childcare set in place, i am using a registered private nursery though. Would be nice to see how much I was going to get before going back but guess not. grrr lol

there may be an on-line calculator that you could play about with, re: your possible hours at work and hours at nursery etc.

Might be able to give you an idea!?

yeah I had a go of the online calculator and it said I would get £200?! lol ahh never mind, as long as I have applied for the right thing i suppose :)

Thats better than nothing. All we get is £10.76 a month :(

I'm glad you're getting it sorted though.

we get about £43 a month I think :think: our childcare costs are around £200 per month but we are both high earners.

You deffo get more if you pay for registered child care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back