ooooh please help me i'm so confused?!

Discussion in 'Home Life & Finances' started by Krystal, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

:cry: My head battered with all this lol

Hoping someone can help.

Know i've left things late. I currently claim child benefit and have left child tax credits until now. I just called them and they say I am entitled to only £20.00 per week approx :doh: I thought it would be more than this. My OH works 37.5 hours a week I work 20 hours per week. Not a problem right now but when I go back to work £80 per month isn't gonna help much with the childcare costs :cry: Am I missing out on something?

2. lulu

lulu Well-Known Member

Does that £20 include your childcare costs? I get £10 a week, my OH works 38 ish hours a week and I work £23.5. we don't get help with childcare as we use family and it has to be a registered child care provider to be able to claim.

3. Krystal

thanks for your reply hun, no it doesn't include the childcare costs :doh: they said I have to call back when I go back to work and have my hours and childcare set in place, i am using a registered private nursery though. Would be nice to see how much I was going to get before going back but guess not. grrr lol

4. lulu

lulu Well-Known Member

there may be an on-line calculator that you could play about with, re: your possible hours at work and hours at nursery etc.

Might be able to give you an idea!?

5. Krystal

yeah I had a go of the online calculator and it said I would get £200?! lol ahh never mind, as long as I have applied for the right thing i suppose :)

6. Princess_Puddles

Princess_Puddles Well-Known Member

Thats better than nothing. All we get is £10.76 a month :(

I'm glad you're getting it sorted though.

7. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

we get about £43 a month I think :think: our childcare costs are around £200 per month but we are both high earners.

You deffo get more if you pay for registered child care