Only one feed through night?

Snuggle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Maddison finally settled in her moses basket last night :cheer: (she has been sleeping in our bed up until now). She usually wakes up twice through night for feeds but last night slept from 11pm until 5am :shock: She is only 3 weeks old so shouldnt she still be feeding more in night or is this ok? Also when she did take her feed at 5am she only took half the amount she usually would and then took her usual amount in her next two feeds. She is so little (was 4lbs 15oz at birth) so I worry she isnt getting enough food all the time :roll:

Hi
I wouldn't worry if she sleeping for longer periods at night - at three weeks my baby started going from 7pm to 12am, and carried on gaining weight despite dropping several feeds in the evening all at once.
Your milk supply will be starting the settle down now, so she might be taking more. As long as she seems fine otherwise, don't worry. You can always take her to get weighed to check she is still gaining. I was told by a friend of a b/f baby who was sleeping through (as in 7pm-7am) at 6 weeks, so anything is possible!

I would say make the most of it but I know its so hard to sleep when you are thinking the baby should be awake. Charlotte slept from 8pm until 6am last night, but I was up at 2am and 4am expecting her to want a feed. Poor thing can't win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back