only feeds for 6 mins at a time on and off

LISAMJS

Reaction score
hi I am after a bit of advice please. My son is 6 and a half months and is breast fed 4 hourly during the day and once at night. He only feeds for about 6 mins on the breast on and off through the day and seems happy after the feeds. At night he feeds for about 10 mins. Does this mean he is weaning himself off. He is on 3 meals a day as well as a yogurt for pudding. Any advice would be appreciated. x

it just sounds like he's extremely efficient these days :) connor doesn't feed for too long now - only his bedtime feed is lengthy. he snacks on and off during the day instead.

thanx for the reply. How much could he drink in 6 mins. It is 6 mins on and off though so probably about 4 and a half mins on in total? Also I am sure my milk comes out fast as I still have a strong let down. x

not sure how much he'll be getting quantity-wise, but if he's feeding on demand, he'll be getting enough. babies know what they need :) :)

I am feeding 4 hourly during the day. Last night he woke at 0100 and had a big feed and had a good feed at 0530. I tried to bf him at 0800 but he was not interested I offered him solids at 0820 and he ate a big bowl of porridge. Do you think ths is okay?
x

That sounds fine. Cooper is also only snacking during the day now so to make sure he gets the hind milk i just use one breast to feed all day and one all night only changing if i definatley know its empty :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back