• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Only 4 weeks old but Dad wants to put him in his own room!

Full of hope!

Reaction score
Just after your opinions please ladies :)

Jacob is a good sleeper but a noisy one at that! He makes lots of little moans and sounds and wriggles around a lot but is fast asleep :shock:

At the moment he is sleeping in his moses basket in our room at my side of the bed. As he is so noisy i'm finding it really hard to get to sleep and stay asleep and i'm so tired all of the time!

Anyway, hubby said we should put him into his own room but i'm not so sure. He's only 4 weeks old, do you think he is too young?

Its completely up to you and how you feel. I couldnt let Amber in her own room until i was ready and that was when she was nearly 4 months old.

Personally i couldnt have done it when she was so young because the comfort of seeing her every time i woke up was better than sleep even though i was so tired!

is hubby suggestiong that because he is worried about you? my Oh suggested the same but it was because he was so worried I was stressed and not sleeping. We talked it over and opted for other strategies like takign it in turns sleeping int eh babies room (with him still in ours with the other parent) .

Now he is is just as noisy but we have sort of got used to it if you know what i mean :)

according to research the safest place for baby up until 6m is in his own cot in your room. talk it over with him and work out what works for you both :) :hug:

Thats the main reason mine have gone in there own room so early, we just kept disturbing each other. I still used to take the baby monitor to bed with me though but I was a lot more relaxed.

we put willow in her own room at 6 weeks and as soon as we did she slept right through we just had her moniter on and we still do now

I put my LO into his own room in a cot when he was 6 weeks. Mainly as he was going from a moses basket (which he'd grown out of) straight into a cot & the cot wouldn't fit in my bedroom...

But - I have to say, I've been getting much better nights sleeps since then. Like you say babies are such noisy sleepers and when they are next to you, you are aware of every tiny snuffle and stir.

Now - I have the monitor on my bedside table, but it doesn't pick up all the tiny movements so I get a less disturbed nights sleep in between the feeds.

Lola stayed in our room until 6 months and still comes in our bed half way through the night. OH wanted her in her own room but i wasn't ready to do it until i did :)

My two elder kids went into their own room at about six months - Ani is still in with us, and is nearly nine months :oops:
Truth is, she has slept thru since she was about seven weeks, but we are renovating the house at present and her nursery and our new bedroom will be on a different floor from where we are now. I am not happy with putting her in the new nursery until we go upstairs too, so may stay with us for another couple of months.
Thing is she sleeps soundly and so do we - so no probs :lol:

Lisa

I didn't put Jake in his own room until he was about 5 1/2 months old because of the FSID advice(they advise baby stays in a crib/cot in your room until they are 6 months old).

Ruby lasted one night in our room, she was sooo wriggly it disturbed us all so OH suggested she went into her nursery..I was a bit unsure but after the first night, she was so good we never looked back :lol:

We established a night routine from day one, bath, bottle then bed same time every day...its worked for us and she has slept through night from 7 weeks old :cheer: xxxx

Thanks for your replies :D It's good to find out other peoples opinions and experiences!

We've decided to try putting Jacob in his own room tonight. He will be inside his moses basket in his cot. We've got a Tommee Tipee monitor with the breathing sensor pad for under his mattress so that will give me peace of mind.

I'll let you know how we get on! :D

my boyf wanted to put melissa in her own room from day one! but i got my own way LOL she is still in our room now :lol:

nhs reccommend 6 months in parents room dont they but lotsa people on here put them in their own rooms much earlier and had no problems at all. 'tis up 2 u sweety!

let us kno how u get on.

Jenna went into her own room at 2 weeks old (only kept her in that long with us as I had a c-section and was breast feeding). We put her in her moses basket and set it into her cot. We also have the tommee tippee monitor with sensor pad, and although the pad was under the cot mattress it still worked when she was in the moses basket. We never looked back! She transferred out of her moses basket into her cot abotu 3 weeks ago with no problems at all. She used to wake up twice during the nights, but has not needed any night feeds for past 2 weeks and is now sleeping 7pm - 6:30am. We have same bedtime routine every night since she was about 8 weeks old. Bath at 6pm, bottle 6:45pm, then bed ( we put her down awake and she falls asleep herself within minutes )

You've just got to do what you feel comfortable with :hug:

It's up to you but if it were me I'd wait until 6 months.

I tend to keep my babies in with us for a while though. DD slept in our room (in her cot) until 22 months. DS is 7 months old and still in our room (co-sleeping)

Well... Jacob has been in his own room since Sunday night and he has settled in there really well :D I'm getting a bit of sleep too as he's not next to me making loads of sleeping noises and wriggling around :lol:

He seems to be settling better after his feeds too, I can be back in bed after 45 mins, it was over an hour before!

I'm pleased I decided to put him in there so early.... looking forward to the end of the night feeds now :lol: although it will probably be a while yet!

Thanks everyone!

glad it has worked out... I'm the same as X50T - my son jacob went into his room as 2 weeks and would have been even ealier but we where in hospital a week and i had a section... he is a noisy little sleeper like your jacob...

h x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back