One step pregnancy tests

Lottie Tobe

Reaction score
How good are these? Got some off amazon. They are so cheap...are they actually accurate? Amazon has mixed reviews....

Anyone tried them? Used them last month and bfn....accurate then!

If you have used them how early has it detected a bfp?

Thanks

Yes I've used loads of them over the last 4 years.

I've had two BFPs, they showed on them at 13dpo, exactly the same day as a FRER showed for me, so I would say pretty accurate.

They use to be thicker though, I don't like the new thiner one as much as it is harder to see.

Excellent, thanks. Did you try them before 13dpo?

I think I'm 9dpo tomorrow and wondering if there is any chance of a bfp tomorrow with them?

Yep and BFN (and on FRER). I have naturally low hcg so it takes longer to build up and be detected so if yours is naturally higher you may well see results sooner.

Thanks...I might test...and if it's a negative tell myself it's too early so I still have hope!

Yes I've used loads of them over the last 4 years.

I've had two BFPs, they showed on them at 13dpo, exactly the same day as a FRER showed for me, so I would say pretty accurate.

They use to be thicker though, I don't like the new thiner one as much as it is harder to see.

You can still buy the thicker ones they are just more expensive and they seem to sell them as 'wide'. I agree they are nicer to use but the thin ones are almost half the price...

Here is a link from ebay but I'm sure there are other places selling them too:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-STEP-...hash=item540781db6b:m:m9SmYc5R3WxBLzFZ6YBllmA

To answer the OPs question I like them for the price. They are prone to indents and evaps so it can be hard to be sure of a really early result. I didnt get a really clear line out of them for a couple of days after my BFP but with DS there was enough there to think there was something 9dpo and double check with a FRER. With my last pregnancy I went crazy and used FRERs every day as well as the ICs. I got a clear enough BFP about half a day earlier on a FRER.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Well I tested this morning, 9dpo...bfn. Disappointed. I feel like it's not my cycle. I still have a chance though don't I?

Last edited:
I've been using their opks for a while now. Always seem to be accurate. Just ordered a bundle that includes some pregnancy tests too.

Fingers crossed for your bfp! X

I've used the cheapie opks and never had a problem with them.

I've had a couple of evaps on the cheapie hpts but also got a bfp at 9dpo (super faint line but enough for me to crack open a frer) and twice at 10dpo (again faint but enough to use a decent test)

I'm doing them at the moment to see what my body is up to after my mc and erpc.

I think if you like to poas then they're great but I would generally use a frer aswell, if you think the cheapie is positive.

Good luck hun.

XX

I've used them when trying for my young ones.. occasionally had evap lines but from what i understand this happens on all makes at times... I ordered some a few weeks ago off amazon and they were wider than normal..

They're great to have as they are so cheap and plenty in a pack meaning you won't feel it if youre a poas addict.

good luck hun xx

I used the 10mius and got my bfp 10dpo but 9dpo on a superdrug first.

I really rate them. Should say mine were the midstream kind as apposed to strips.

I also rate their opks, got some good lines with onestep.

I think theres hit miss with anytest some people dont rate superdrugs but worked for me.
9dpo is early too, I implanted super early..

Fx xxxx

I used the cheap pregnancy tests with my 3 pregnancies and they all worked brilliantly, good lines on all of them, I did wait until af was due or just after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back