One day period

Cori

Reaction score
It seems like I've only had a one day period this month. I was spotting on Thursday, then came on properly on Friday, then back to spottng on Saturday and today. I wonder if that's why I'm not getting pregnant? Maybe the lining of my uterus isn't thick enough yet after coming off the pill?

I had similar experiences when I came off the pill. I wasn't TTC at the time, I just wanted a break from it after eight years of taking it. I didn't have anything even like a proper period for over a year - just the occasional bit of browny discharge. When I saw my GP about it, he said it wasn't that unusual for women to take up to 18 months to start having normal periods after coming off the pill, and the longer you've been on it, the longer it can take. I think it was 14 months before AF re-appeared properly for me. I never went back on it after that, I was alarmed at how long it took my body to re-adjust!

But we're all different - a friend of mine got pregnant within days of coming off the pill! I'm sure what you're experiencing isn't anything to worry about though. :hug:

I agree with Chopsie I don't think it is anything to worry about, some women get pregnant while on the pill. It might just take a while for you to have a proper period.

Spo you don't think that will prevent me from getting pregnant? I am having proper periods, it's just that they aren't lasting long. Last time I had a break from the pill, they didn't get really heavy till the 7th period off the pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back