On bed rest, bored!

Beauandhamish

Reaction score
My god I'm so bored, how do people sit about all day doing nothing! Have been on bed rest since I got back from hospital Saturday night and I'm running out of things to watch/read! Got up to go to toilet this morning and there was more red blood, not loads but enough to drip out, sorry tmi! Rung the doctors and they have just said to rest more and keep an eye on it next couple of days else I'll be back for another scan. Just sick of it now, thought it was stopping xx

What about some movies, books, do something artsy, chat on the phone, write a blog, play online games a crossword?
I'm sorry your going through this I hope it stops soon! Do they know why your bleeding?

Xx

Just getting my friend to bring me some more books! They are not sure really, could be from a polyp I have but don't think they wanted to say that that was definatly what it was. All they can say is baby looks to be ok at the minute and cervix is closed. Got a colposcopy appointment but not until 16th June which is ages away! Would be much more happier if the bleeding just stops, I only had brown yesterday but then red again this morning :( x

sorry to hear you are going through this worry and not being able to keep busy makes it worse! Do you like online games? it's quite easy to get addicted and wile away many hours on games like Candy crush via facebook etc????

when I was on bedrest (later in pregnancy) with my son I started doing painting by numbers, lol....also made these little felt animals which I used to decorate his moses basket and nursery items......also made my own birth announcement cards, etc.

sorry to hear youre going through this :-( best thing is to keep yourself busy and entertained! usually when i need my mind taking off stuf i sit down and watch a harry potter film.. theyre long, theyre full of crazy sh*t, and it takes my mind off everything!!
i have nothing to do at the moment so its like im on bed rest :p my boyfriend is away in birmingham working, everyone is either on holiday or preparing for college so im at home having to entertain myself!
i get up, have a big breakfast and read whilst eating it, then i lay on the sofa and watch some friends or catch up on soaps, then i walk the dog and have lunch! then usually i fall asleep as the walk knackers me lol! but gosh, it is so boring... xxx

Last edited:
Sorry you going through this x

Think I might try to do something crafty! Oh's mum is going to teach me how to knit, think squares will be about all I can do so might try making a blanket or something! Just had the builder round to measure up for knocking a wall down so that was someone to talk to lol. It's just frustrating because there is so much stuff needs to be done at home but I can't DMSO any of it! The good thing is that i know my baby's ok but the bleeding is still worrying, if it happens again red like this morning I'm definatly going for another scan this week just to out my mind at ease again x

I too am off work for 2wks to rest up and build up, and my god im so bored. Like you say only so much tele and reading you can do. I Have to keep eating and drinking little bits at a time so i feel like im just existing at the mo instead of living. Driving me crazy. Wish i knew how to knit!!!

Michelle. x

Sorry to hear this, hope the bleeding stops and you get the all clear soon :) xx

Sorry to hear you are skill being put through the mill! Really hope it sorts itself out at stops soon.
Get yourself some box sets, have you watched true blood or game of thrones? The returned, which is on at the min is amazing, catch up on that if you haven't seen it.
Taking up a craft is a good idea, I want to do that in the summer holidays.
Take care x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back