Bleeding. Has anyone....

bulb

Reaction score
Sorry if I go into TMI, but cant really see any other way of asking!!!

I wiped on Saturday afternoon and had a drop of smeared blood (red), it was more translucent than anything else and there was only a tiny amount. Then for the rest of the day and Sunday I had a slight brownish tinge everytime I wiped. I rung the hospital at about 1am on Monday (after I got into from work cause I felt a bit weird in my tummy), not pains, or cramps just very aware of things and maybe some like flutters (sounds bizzare I know). Rung the emergency number and spoke to this lovely midwife on the ward, who said it sounds like baby snuggling in!!! I said huh?? and she said that at this stage its not unusual to get a bit of discolouration to your discharge, as the baby is making space and getting comfortable(!!) It may dislodge a little bit of the lining, hence the brownish tinge!!!

How strange, I haven't had anymore since Monday and she did say that if I did get worse, or I had any pains to come in and see them.

I was so worried, has anyone else had anythign similar??

I can remember the fluttering feeling alot. I now know it was baby moving around :)

I did have a bit of bleeding a couple of times also, once in first tri and again in 2nd, but both times just blood, no cramps or pains. My GP said to not worry unless bleeding got heavier and cramps etc occurred and didn't go away. Other than that, there was little to be done except carry on as normal.

So hopefully you are over the panic and trying to relax a bit about it. I'd really not worry unless you get bad pain and bleeding. And if you still feel pregnant that's a good thing also :)

I had this from weeks 6 - 7 and also on and off during my last pregnancy - the doctors will always check you out but it's usually nothing to worry about xx

hi,

ive been having the same since last night, bright red, then now its brownish, so im worried too.

rang nhs direct and the nurse said that if it gets worse or im in pain then go to a and e.

i hope everythings ok for you,,, and me 2!!

hopefully it will be jus the baby getting confortable.

xxx

I had this also in the first tri with my LO.

I had brown spotting from 6.5 weeks onwards then a heavy red bleed at 9 weeks and again at 13 weeks.

Definitely get it checked out, they offered me early scans.

It's common to get bleeds when your AF would have been due too.....

Take care x

Well touchwood everything is fine, only suffered with this for about a day and a half or so, and only one tiny blood drop, and a little brownish colour to my discharge (TMI :oops:). No pain or discomfrot or strang feeling, so I think it was what the midwife said just the LO getting comfy!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back