• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Omg what the hell is wrong with me?!?!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Sorry for a big moany topic.

Some of u may remember I had a pretty crappy saturday night/early hrs of sunday morning as I was up with vomiting and diarrhea.

Well yesterday, I felt absolutely fine and was able to eat breakfast and dinner and there was no problems.

I woke up today feeling absolutely fine, had breakfast, did some housework and got into the shower - and as I was standing in the shower I started to feel really dizzy and shaky and sick, so I got out and lay on the bed. Then I started to feel really sick so went to the loo and had really bad diarrhea. In the middle of this, the room began to spin and everything went a funny colour, so I had to lie on the bathroom floor (totally naked and hadn't wiped my bum yet!!)
I was finally able to peel myself off the floor and had 2 more bouts of diarrhea before I felt able to stand up.
But when I did stand up everything started spinning again so I'm lay in bed feeling absolutely awful!

I called the mw, who just said there's a tummy bug going around and to have a snack and keep my fluids up. But I feel that I was kind of fobbed off. I can't get out of bed to get a snack for fear of keeling over!!
My husband is on his way home, but I don't think we'll make it out to my birthday lunch today :(

Anyone experienced anything similar or have any miracle cure for me?? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww sorry you feel so crap on your birthday JayJay - happy birthday by the way!

I've had this but only after eating dominos pizza or homemade cookies just out the oven. I seriously thought I was gonna pass out, got boiling hot, had to strip & was on the toilet most the night. When I realised I had finished on loo I went back to bed and just drank pints of water and was fine in a few hours. It is scary though, you don't know what is happening and think you're gonna just pass out!!

It could just be a tummy bug, in that case just stay in bed eat dry toast and drink lots of water but if it gets worse I would go to the hospital.

Since I hit 35 weeks I've been in that toilet a lot more often (not the runs) but it makes me feel like crap, stomach ache, feel like I'm gonna puke, faint - then just need to poo!! Hope it eases off soon for you xx

sounds horrid :( if u dont feel any better call ur midwfe back !! and a Happy birthday to u sorry u r not feeling ur best on it though :/

Just seen this hun, I am so sorry you feel so crap on your bithday.... Not that you would want any of this at any point....

I have had these spells pre-pregnancy athough I have wanted to throw up then faint and not had diarrhea. Once was on a ten hour flight! Have you managed to eat anything hun?

Not sure what to suggest or what it is but maybe get some energy drinks to keep your sugar levels up.... also make sure you keep drinking in general so you don't get dehydrated.

If it continues I would be tempted to call the ante-natal day unit and speak to them, they may ask to to come in and be monitored.

Big hug and hope one of the other ladies can be of more help xx

Thanks girls.

I'm just in bed now, managed to eat a handful of grapes and have a glass of water beside me that I'll keep sipping from.

Do u think I'd be ok to go to the delivery suite tonight if I start to feel a bit better? I don't want to miss out, but if it is a tummy bug, I wouldn't want to pass it on to the other pregnant ladies x

Oh dear you poor thing!!

Haven't had this for a while but it happened at work a couple of times (although not as bad as yours sounds!)

Never really found out what it was although the midwives said it was possibly my blood pressure dropping suddenly. Wonder if it could be that making you unwell?

You wont be allowed on the Ward today hon I'm afraid, there is a big sign outside ours saying so. If you haven't already tried it, have some gavisgon. I was having similar sounding attacks althiughmine was less diarrhea and more stomach pain. The dr at the time said the baby could have kicked my gallbladder, causing acid and bile, yuck, to jump into my stomach causing the vomiting and diarrhea. It can often be mistaken for a tummy bug.

Failing that I would go to hospital xx

Thanks girls.

I'm just in bed now, managed to eat a handful of grapes and have a glass of water beside me that I'll keep sipping from.

Do u think I'd be ok to go to the delivery suite tonight if I start to feel a bit better? I don't want to miss out, but if it is a tummy bug, I wouldn't want to pass it on to the other pregnant ladies x

Hope you feel better soon!

If it is a tummy bug then they would probably prefer it if you didnt go in to have the tour. I went for my tour on saturday and although we didnt actually go anywhere near any new babies or even see any pregnant or new mums, its probably best to stay home to be on the safe side.

sounds like you need to write today off and celebrate your birthday in a few days time when you feel better. :hugs:

Last edited:
I was going to say the same as Spammy, it could be blood pressure dropping. I think you'd know if it was a bug as you usually get cramps and stuff and perhaps a high temp. I've had dizzy spells and I know that they are common in tri 3 as LO gets bigger and presses on blood vessels - could be your bodys way of dealing with that?

If you still feel pants in a couple of hours I'd be tempted to call triage again and make a bit of a fuss.

Not a nice way to spend your birthday at all!!

xxxx

I've had he dizzy sicky feeling a few times my midwife put it down to my iron levels being low!as its usually when I've been doing something around the house. So I just pace myself now and try not to do too much!

Aw JayJay... Sorry your not feeling well. Hope it passes quickly. Sounds pretty awful... :(
Make sure and drink plenty. And if you don't feel any better later on I'd phone back up nhs 24 or your midwife. Just to make sure your ok!!!xxx

awww sorry you are feeling so crap again jayjay!! Thats horrible, esp on your birthday!! There could well be a tummy bug going round as my Mum took sick suddenly last night with violent vomiting and diarrhea!!! Hope you feel better soon...rest up and drink plenty of water!! xxx

Thanks so much girls for all the advice.
My husband brought me a picnic chocolate bar to bring my blood sugar back up, I ate that and felt a bit better. But then my boobs started leaking, so I got up to get breast pads from the bathroom and felt light headed again, so back to bed I go.

I've rescheduled the tour of delivery suite til next week as I'd be afraid of passing this on if it is a bug.

Hubby also took my bp, which he says is fine (he was a medic for 5yrs). So I don't know what's causing this.
I've also rescheduled my birthday to another day (not sure when yet) so today is bed and rest - yay :(

As for gaviscon (sorry I can't remember who said it and on my phone so can't check) I might actually take some now. I had to take some at around 6am when I woke up for a pee, so will take some more and see if it helps. Thank u :) xox

Ah hon, sorry u r having such a bad day. I hope u feel better soon.

Sorry your feeling crappy hun, and on your birthday, how bloody rude! I hope you feel better soon, good idea to reschedule your day, happy birthday (even if it is a rubbish one) xx

Hope you are starting to feel better. Just watch out for anything else and if it changes ring triage again. FX its just a 24hr thing xxxxx

Get to bed and make sure you drink plenty of water and plain foods! It may be worth seeing if you can take dioralyte to replace the minerals you will have lost - tastes fowl but good for you. You'd have to ask at pharmacy first i think though x

Awe no you poor thing. What a shitty birthday pressie.

I have had exactly what you had started on Saturday at Half 8 putting my little boy to bed, laid with him reading a story and felt fine, got up to put the book away and turn the lamp off, went to give him a cuddle and I really felt sick, went straight to bed and then up from 11.30 throwing up ALL night and I felt rubbish. Thankfully I didn't get the runs, just the sickness although my tummy muscles, what are left of them, probably would have been grateful of a rest from vomiting.

Yesterday when I realised I hadn't had anything to drink for over 15 hours I went to see the out of hours doc at our local hospital, en route through the car park I went all funny, eyes all blurry etc, and the look on poor hubby's face (who doesn't cope well with illness, bless him) was a picture. anyway it is just this silly bug that's going round, managed to eat today but still feel really woozy, my LO and I have even had a 2 hour sleep together this afternoon!

You just need to take it really easy and try and drink as much as possible. I'm sure your hubby will look after you this evening.

Take it easy. xxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back