OMG Sleep...

dannii87

Reaction score
I'm so frustrated and don't know where to start... Here goes!

For the past few nights I have been absolutely shattered so been going to bed about 2 hours earlier than usual.
However, it doesn't last long :wall: I'm waking up about 3/4 times a night either desperate for a wee, needing a drink or sneezing.

Last night I woke up 4 times at really stupid times and 3 were because I was dying for a wee!! I'm also sneezing at about 4am each morning. I don't just sneeze once, oh no, it's about 15-20 times! Really!
I have been sneezing for about 3 months now, daily, and usually about 4/5 times per sneezing fit lol.

When I told my midwife she just said my body was extra sensitive because of being pg.

I almost cried last night because I just couldn't seem to stay asleep... I feel soooo tired today and managed to wangle the afternoon off (it's so rare I do this).

I don't know what to do :cry:

xx

Aww :hug: I find that no matter how long I sleep for, I still wake up knackered - it's horrible.

Is your sneezing allergy type sneezing or cold type sneezing?

Well I'm not sure but it's definitely not a cold. It seems to have started around the time I conceived - thinking about the dates...?! x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel so sorry for you. It's horribe feeling so tired. I had a week or so of just not sleeping and it's hard to function. I do hope that this phase passes soon for you. I have been sneezing too....I kept thinking I was going down with a cold but it never develops. I seem to be sensitive to dust and strong flavours (eg Ginger beer which is one of the few things I feel like drinking).

Do you sneeze more in bed than during the day? could you have developed an allergy to your washing powder/conditioner that sets you off?

Wishing you lots more :sleep: tonight xx

That's brill, thanks steelgoddess!!

Although, I don't have all the symptoms :( I only have the sneezing, not the stuffy nose..

But thank you though, it's a great insight into what it could be! xx

I can understand how annoying it is when your sleep goes weird :roll:
I can only sleep for periods of 4hrs or less, which is a bit of a nightmare with the morning sickness and an almost 8month old :lol:
The only thing I do try and do is wait until I'm proper shattered, then go to bed, so at least I will sleep and my body associates the bed with sleep, so hoping that'll eventually mean sleeping for longer :D
Very very best wishes dannii87 and hope you're having lots of long sweet dreams soon :hug:

I'm the same - I go to bed early cos I am exhausted but then I am usually wide awake 4 hours later!

EVERYTHING wakes me up - last night it was the horrendous wind and rain.

Hope u get some sleep soon

I have been wakin every two hours for a wee and i cant get straight back to sleep again its becoming tiring!

I need to invest in a rubber brick to knock myself out with i think oh the joys of being pregnant - i wouldnt swap it for the world!

:hug: :hug:

I have bad insomnia! Have done for about 6 weeks. My mind is racing constantly. Any tips that work for you, i'd like you to pass onto me :D

xx

Ah thanks girls!

See, I'm really tired now but it's an irritable tiredness and so I won't be able to settle... I know fatigue is normal in pregnancy and I guess I'll have to do this when the baby's born anyway, but can't someone up there give me a break until it's time?! lol

Thanks Bubalu! Perhaps I have?! It is mainly at night time (at it's worst definitely).

I so desperately just need one night of proper sleep... :wall:

Let's hope tonight is the night! Though, it's doubtful! xx

clairedoran said:
Any tips that work for you, i'd like you to pass onto me :D

Hi Claire,

I'm getting lots of tips here! I'm going to try what steelgoddess and redshoes advised tonight... I think the cuppa I'm drinking now will be my last and I'll aim to go to bed around 11:30... Can't believe I have to have a sleep plan at 11 weeks lol

Anyway, I'm going to look into it, so will post if I find anything, especially now that most of us are having the same problem!! xx

Awww danni hun, I posted the same thing not long back. I can't sleep at all but am so tired. Work is really hard to get through cos I am so tired. I wake up for the toilet then end up lying there for the next 2 hours wide awake. I can't offer any advice but I can send you lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Xxx

Hey, I know how you feel. It's quite stressful having a lousy sleep. My only tips are to try lots of pillows/cushions and sleeping on a duvet - to make it softer and snugglier.
Try napping whenever you can.
Avoid drinks towards bedtime to try and stop yourself needing to wee so much (but make sure you drink plenty during the day).
Also try rocking backwards and forwards when you're on the loo, it helps totally empty the bladder and theoretically should mean you need to wee less soon.

Maybe see your doc about the sneezing incase they can give you something that might ease it somehow.

Hope it all gets better xxxx

it gets worse :(
its been awful tyring to sleep now.. wasnt so bad in the earlier stages, but one night i had a foot massage with lavender foot lotion for about 40minutes and that night i slept like a log
maybe try that :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back