OMG GP's being terrible I don't need this stress

Mik

Reaction score
I put a note in to the GP today for a repeat prescription of the test strips for my blood glucose as I have gestational diabetes. I got a phonecall from the in-house pharmacist to say that as they lost the letter from the diabetic clinic and have no proof I am diabetic they are refusing to prescribe them!!!
I rang and left a message for the diabetes team and rang my mw unit. Had a message from diabetes team to say they had faxed something to my doctors and my mw rang back to say she was told she would get a call back and they (GP's) didn't bother and are now closed.
I am going to be stressing about this all weekend now I don't understand how my GP's can refuse to prescrie something they have prescribed already and why on earth they think I would be asking for them if I didn't need them :think: With hubby away for another two weeks yet I feel so alone and with no support and stressed out with all the normal day to day stuff without anything extra :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

How annoying and stupid of them! It's just not acceptable at all and i would make a compliant to PALS if i was you. You really shouldn't be in this situation. Has your midwife offered any sort of help with what to do over the weekend?

I don't run out until Thurs morning providing I don't mess one up or need to do any extra readings. So glad I put the request in early now you need to give 48 hours notice and I thought I would collect Tues when I have a mw appt. I have no idea what I am to do if the GP doesn't budge though I will ring Monday and find out whats happening I spose

If they wont help you go straight to your local hospital and they will sort you a precription out. Then as suggested i would be complaining to PALS

Sorry being thick but what is PALS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back