I can't believe it :( :( :(

Mik

Reaction score
Got a call this morning to say I have gestational diabetes! I am already on talets for high blood pressure and am getting regular checks for liver function. I have no idea what the consequences of GD are when the mw rang she said she had made an appt for me for Monday I already have my growth scan booked for weds and she said I couldn't wait the extra 2 days but I am already waiting 6 days so that is a bit frustrating.
I am so fed up :cry:

Aww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm unsure myself about GD..... but at least they've spotted it now and they can take good care of you and LO :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh hun sorry ive no advice for you but wanted to give you some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw, Mik. Sorry to hear this :(

From what I've read, GD can often be managed with dietary changes but it can mean a big baby. Hopefully you'll get a clearer idea of how it's going to affect things soon.

:hug: Didnt want to read and run hunni!

I hope your ok!!! Kepp you head up lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

I looked into it when I had my GTT done a few weeks ago and from what I can gather it can either be controlled through diet or they could decide to put you on insulin until the baby arrives. The side affects of having are that it could result in a big baby, but I think that is more the case if it is undiagnosed, as they have found out about it they can control your insulin levels from now to stop the baby putting on excess weight

Oh hun, your not having a very good time of it are you!

Don't worry too much about the GD, now they know they can sort you out but just get some rest when you can!

Xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back