OMG - Gave in to the Dummy - Am I a bad mum?!

i gave Lyssa a dummy yesterday cos my nips were getting sore from her playing round n them for comfort. i had a dummy and was bf as a baby and i loved my dummy an it never confused me so i dont think its harmful at all

wow carly..go you!!!!!!amazing!!!p.s hes gorrrrgeous!

lmclean...the one ive given him so far r TT...i have some other which I might try.mmmmm...interesting

xxx

can't stand tomee tippee dummys I binned the one I got we use avent too I now have 5. Can't believe I have to use a whole electric steriliser for a few lil dummys :(

omg..it worked had been usin TT ones which he hated n tried the other I gad...called MAM n he LIOOOVES IR! Woo result.....thats y I love PF!!!!!cheers Lmclean xxxxx

can't stand tomee tippee dummys I binned the one I got we use avent too I now have 5. Can't believe I have to use a whole electric steriliser for a few lil dummys :(

could you not get a cheap microwaave one. I put G's in the little container my nipple sheilds have for sterilising.

xxx

GG, glad your sorted, im gonna stock up on some of the other ones too, the TT ones are really small.

xxx

Like the others have said hunni my eldest and Jaiden had/have dummies, my middle one wouldnt take to it and sucked her thumb in fact she still sucks her thumb now and shes 8 this yr :S

I find with mine they sucked and sucked on the dummy then kicked off if they were hungry as nothing was coming out of it! So you will know the difference.

Your not a bad mum at all, like the others have said happy baby = happy mummy and if it soothes them then all the better.

I took it of my daughter when she was 3 we put them on the xmas tree in exchange for presents :) xx

wooooo fingers crossed guys...do u all put baby t bed with dummy? x

If she'll take it. - its supposed to lower risk of sids, so id prefer she takes it to sleep with. xxx

wooooo fingers crossed guys...do u all put baby t bed with dummy? x

I give Jaiden it to settle altho he normally spits it out during the night, if he stirs and i know he's not hungry i just pop it back in in the night xx

could you not get a cheap microwaave one. I put G's in the little container my nipple sheilds have for sterilising.

xxx

GG, glad your sorted, im gonna stock up on some of the other ones too, the TT ones are really small.

xxx

what container is that I'm really wanting to get rid of the electric one and lewis hates the taste of milton etc,

Hey hun you're not bad at all. I didn't give Angel one till she was over a month old as I was BF then I stopped, and like you I wanted to see if she could cope without it. I don't really give it to apart from her naps and bed time because she chomps on her hands otherwise and keeps herself awake and gets frustrated.

In answer to your question about him choking, he wont hun dont worry and I actually read in several of my baby books that a dummy actually decreases the risk of SIDS.

I only give it to Angel during nap time and bedtime and occasionally I put bonjela on it for her when she's teething

He'll still let you know when he's hungry. If he hasn't fed for a while or sucks his hand or you'll know a certain cry if he's hungry. Angels never shown sucking as a hunger cue. She had a certain moany cry when she's hungry or she'll suck her hand. She feeds 4-hourly anyway so I know roughly when to expect her to wake, although she sleeps through most nights anyway xx

Henry has his to sleep with. Works a treat!

It does with Angel too. She tends to just let it drop out of her mouth sometimes when she sleeps but she'll wake up if she can feel it against her face iykwim?! Lol xx

xxx

xxx

what container is that I'm really wanting to get rid of the electric one and lewis hates the taste of milton etc,

I bought the TT nipple sheilds, and the come with a little tub, basically for the sheilds it tells you to just to put 25mls of water in it and pop it in the microwave for 90secs, so i just put a dummy in beside the sheilds.

The container for the TT breast pump is the same - just add water and pop in the microwave.

Im sure you can get steriliesers that work like that. xxx

oooo myyyyyyyy goooooood!!!!!
did nothin different....settled A bk dwn at 10.20 after his 9.15 feed..popped his dummy even tho hrs already nodded off.....aaaaannnd guess eat...he went down for4hrs. cnt rem whether I dreamt it or not bit he may have grizzled n I woke n popped his dummy bk in..but im sooiiiiii happy.

thank god i didnt do anything different cus id have put it down to that....was gunna try an xtra bath with johnsons bedtime bubble bath....n also proppin his moses basket up t stop his runny nose.

the one thing we did do was swap round the moses n the swinging crib. i dnt tnk A liked the crib at night as its quite big n open for a 2 week old n tnk wen he was wakin up he felt scared.

well..fingers crossed it aint a fluke..dummys a go go...woooooo x

Amazing things aren't they! Henry has just done 9:30-12 and 12:30-3:30. I'm good with 3 hours at a time! Lol!

Girls I too have caved!!! :-( I didn't want to as I never use them with Thomas but James is waking him up so we decided to use one only at night and omg best night in 3 days!!!! 3.5-4 hours between feeds and no grizzlies to suck on my finger for comfort!!!! I can see why people use them but we have made to rule of not in the day only when we go up to bed as crying in the day is no issue to us xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back