Oliver Riley (Ollie) born 26 November 2008

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well i've just managed to get a couple of minutes so apolgies for the delay.

I'd love to type a wonderful birth story but my birth did not go to plan in the slightest. Infact i dont think there was one thing on the birth plan which did happen! I will tell you all what happened but the main thing after all of it is that i have my gorgeous little boy so it was all worth it.

So.. my waters broke on the Tuesday 25th around 10pm so i rang the hospital thinking i would just go in and be sent home. I then realised that the water wasnt clear so baby was passing mechonium (i new this wasnt a good sign) Trust my baby to poo inside me! When we got to the hospital they told me that i wouldnt be able to go home and that i would have to have the baby that evening. I bounced on the ball for a few hours and eventually went into the delivery suite. Even though i was having contractions they wanted to speed things up by giving me a drip.

The contractions got stronger and eventually after a fair few hours i had some pethedine (was adamant i didnt want an epidural) i coped really well with it all but by 7.30pm the following night i was still only 4cm dilated! They told me that i couldnt carry on and the baby needed to come out. I felt so deflated as i was so determined to get through.

I went down to theatre and had an emergecy C-section and my lovely little Ollie was born at 8.15. I couldnt believe it when they said it was a boy.. everyone said it would be a girl! He was just perfect. Oh apart from a bump on his head where he was facing the wrong direction in my cervix (the reason he wasnt coming out)

The next few days were a bit of a nightmare if im honest. I never realised how much an emergecy C section hurt afterwards. I always thought the "too posh to push" celebs had it easy. It was only when the medial staff explained that theres a big difference between a planned one compared to an emergecy one. I literally couldnt move afterwards. I also had to be kept on a catheter for 72 hours rather than 24 as my bladder was inflamed.

Despite Ollies little adventure into the world he was a healthy 8lb 3 oz. I'd love to post some pics but cant do it one handed!

Claire x

Aww, sorry it didn't go as planned.
But congratulations on your little boy!

Congratulations hun :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Can't wait to see some photos...

congratulations sweetie :cheer: sorry it didn't go to plan but sounds as though you were doing great :hug: well done :)

can't wait to see pics xx

BIG CONGRATULATIONS HUN ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR BABY BOY :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back