Oliver Marley Gopaul

Mimimouse89

Reaction score
So my little boy is already 8 weeks old! I started writing a birth story ages ago but you know how it is with babies - it's hard to get anything done when they're so small!

I'll try and keep it brief :p

At around 2am on Wednesday 27th July (2 days early) my waters broke while I was asleep and woke me up, by around 2.30am my contractions started. At first I was amazed at how little they hurt, just like a bit of period pain...little did I know - HA!!

The midwife said to come in and get checked in the morning, and to try and get some sleep while they were mild, but there's no way I could sleep, just woke up every 7 or so minutes and breathed through the pain, loudly!

The contractions slowly got worse and worse, but I dealt with them through just breathing hard through my nose and trying to blow the pain out through my mouth, it kinda worked for me although I was so tired already and it was only about 9am.

I went in and got checked at the hospital and was told I was only about 2-3cms, but that they could see alot of dark hair already! I went back home and carried on breathing through the pain until the contractions were "3 in 10 minutes", when I then rushed in as soon as I could, hoping for some pain relief.

God knows what time it was now, I think around 4pm, I was so tired I kept drifting in and out between contractions and I only vaguely remember what all the people at hospital were saying or where I was! They offered me pethadine which I took, but this had no effect whatsoever... :(

I remember them saying I was around 4cms now (not happy), but then my mum suggested I get in a hot bath to ease the pressure. As soon as I got in the bath I had the urge to push, it was terrifying, cos I'd obviously never felt anything like it!

I started to panic a bit but mum rang the alarm bell in the bathroom and tried to keep me calm, it took 3 of them to get me out the bath and into a wheelchair. They covered what they could with little towels and then wheeled me into the delivery suite, all a bit blurry to me! I REALLY didn't care what I looked like at that time (lucky as I was naked in a chair and making strange noises cos I wasnt allowed to push)..

I was apparently 9cms at that time, but soon got up to 10 and was allowed to finally push. The weird thing is, the actual birth part that I thought would be the worst pain in the world was, for me, painless. It actually felt good! I needed to push so badly I just went for it (with the help of some lovely gas and air - amazing stuff).

We had a little trouble with his head as it kept rolling back and forth (he came out with a cone head) but after a few changes of position it popped out. My boyfriend then exclaimed "he looks like Barry White!" but the midwives reassured me that he didn't :p Then with one more push, he flopped out and was then placed on me all gooey and warm at 7.07pm... Most amazing moment of my whole life, you feel like you already know him when you see him and you love him totally.

He made a little cry but then after that was completely content with daddy as I got stitched up (had a 2nd degree internal tear - the threat of having to cut me made me work 100x harder!!!). The stitching was HORRIBLE, but the gas and air made it alot easier :D

Anyway sorry it's long, it was harder than I thought to make it short :s

He's here now and he's amazing, and smiley!

If you read this far, thanks, and well done :p

Last edited:
Congratulations hun, lovely birth story :) Well done :good: xx

Awwww I wanna see him...well done chick xxx

Aww thanks, yeh i tried to upload a pic but it keeps failing :( need to fina a way to make it smaller i think... x

Well done you! Hope now a few weeks have passed you aren't in pain anymore from stitches etc!
Congratulations! xx

Thanks everyone! Managed to get a pic of him on my avatar :D x

Aw congratulations hunni and well done.... what a little cutie :).
xx

Congratulations!! sounds like you had a good birth experience :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back