Oligohyraminios. Any experience? Stories? Please advise!

Shell99

Reaction score
Hi all

(Duplicate post in 'pregnancy' sub forum )

We had our 24 week scan today and have had some bad news. I'm
Still in the dark but would like to hear stories of anybody with experience of this

To cut a very long story short, our little boy hasn't grown in the last 3 weeks and the amniotic fluid is very low. Low enough for the diagnosis of oligohydramnios so less than the 5th centile.

That's all I know, I don't know the exact measurement. I'm 24+4 btw

We have literally just been told that n no more. I've obviously googled n got some info.

We are being referred to the fetal medicine unit where we will see a different consultant and gave some other kinda scan that's apparently more detailed in the hope of getting some answer and a plan of what to do.

Until this appointment comes I'm meant to just sit n wait. The fetal medicine unit shuts at 5 n by the time we had seen the doctor following our scan it was gone 5. They took my phone number in the hope an appt will be soon so won't be able to post it out n will just call, but I can tell you at 9 am I'll be on that phone to try n book this appt myself!

I have a midwife appt tomorrow afternoon, though I doubt it but she may be able to help get that appt or offer me advise.

I'm drinking loads to try n get the fluids up n plan to start a high protein diet tomorrow (not a lose weight diet just increase my protein to help bubs get fat)

Anybody had this? If so what happened? What was the outcome, the management etc.... N at what gestation etc

Thanks in advance ladies, sorry it's all a bit negative but these things are sent to try us n I just pray my little boy makes it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back