Ok so I'm interested.......

Annie050408

Reaction score
After ignoring all the BLW threads because I wasn't too interested, I have just seen Evie's pics on Facebook.....and now I am interested!

Right so I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I literally just give Ella bits of whatever we are eating to eat in small chunks for her to grab and nom on?

2. How do I know if she has had enough? Is it literally when she stops eating -or how do I know whether she doesn't like it but is still hungry?

3. Isn't it very messy? I am off to Bluewater shopping today and I don't fancy trying to do this on an occasion like that...

At the moment she wants to try anything and everything and I've been giving her bits of what I am eating if she looks interested but not at her meal times. At her meal times I have been giving her purées and jars.

i wasnt as adventurous as the amazing ladies on here lol i mixed blw and tw, i tw out and about and pureed roast dinners but blw lots of other things..... yes u can give her anything u can eat , slap it on the tray and let her get messy, it is super fun to watch ... the girls on here are fab at it , i will prob. do more blw next time than tw after seeing all their pics and stories!! they will be able to answer you a lot better than i can :D xxx

i mix tw and blw - h had a phili sandwich the other day and loved it!! Yes its very messy i have a mat i put on my carpet or sit him in the kitchen!!!

I did TW with dd and by 6 months she was on finger foods anyway so they are sort of the same really.

I've exclusively blw and love it! Yes it can be messy. But I just pack loads of wipes and clean up after us. Yes you can give her pretty much whatever you're eating (keeping in mind salt content) and I find the hardest thing, especially after tw, is trying to understand it's not how much they eat, it's the interaction with the food and exploration. The BLW motto is 'food is fun until they're one'. Seb has two ways of telling us he's had enough, one is just by dumping all the food on the floor (but at first because the grip and hand eye coordination can be dodgy lots of food accidentally ends up on the floor so it can be hard to tell) and his second way is to hold his arms out to the side. This way we know immediatly that he's done. If she looks like she doesn't like something don't stop offering it to her. Seb isn't fond of yogurt but I still offer it to him on a preloaded spoon.

Good luck.

I always take a change of clothes out and about just in case but I try not to give him anything too messy till we'reat home. We were out all day Sunday, cooked dinner at my mothers which I stripped him naked for and a picnic at a country park afterwards which was fine as he had sarnies, sausage roll, salad etc..nothing too messy.

She'll let you know in her own way when she's had enough. Drake just starts moving all the food off his tray and starts playing.

I found the hardest thing about blw is trusting them completely to do it on their own. It's hard not to intervene! But they do surprise you with how quick they learn, watching them is just amazing!

cute wonder what she wanted to say!! lol!

We've just done BLW exclusively too, entering into it with a 'we'll see' attitude and decided to spoon feed if we felt he wasn't happy. but OMG he loves it. Loves eating everything, really started putting LOADS of food away recently (sometimes I now worry abou this now lol!) But the gill rapley book is fab and also a few BLW forums have helped me a lot.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, lots of Owen's friends have purees and they love that and it suits them but for us I'm really glad we took the plunge because I can't even begin to express how much I love it.

And oh my, yes it's messy! We stirp him to nappy only for messy food like spag bol! And like yodabo said we take 'less messy' foods when out. In the past 2 weeks I have given Owen lunch on aeorplanes (oops, sorry easy jet for the avocado on your seats!) sitting on his plastic sheet in the serb=vice station restuarant on Monday (no high chairs and it doesnt work v well when he's sitting on my lap as he turns around for hugs!) and it's been hard but fun at the same time. I reckon my advice for people would be to give it a go if you're a bit interested and see where it takes you!

gosh, what an essay!

we started with TW or the fact we wre advised to medically. however we give him 3 meals of pureed food, but make sure we give him 2/4 snacky type foods through out the day of ANYTHING.....for example he might had cucumber sticks, pepper, banana, apple carrot,, meats ANYTHING and he plays with it and nibbles it etc etc.

if hes eating himself thre is alwys a bib a BIG bix, and just in case a change of clothes.

tbh we cant trust josh to say when he's had enough. we gave him jars when we went away for a week but saved the jars and usethem for our own pureed stuff and he would hapily go through 3/4 per sitting. we make sure hes not just stuffing his face for the sake but ENSURE that hes content..... so i cant help with that unortunately....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back