Ok on a serious note...more leaking? *update*

KJL

Reaction score
Ok I really think I am properly leaking now :? As I posted yesterday I had a dr's appointment yesterday and after an internal and on returning home I had a big wet patch. Just stood up and the same thing has happened again :? Is it time to get some medical advice/call the MW/Dr.? I mean I know some "wetness" is ok but it's a pretty big patch and seems to be happening quite a bit now.

I dont know for sure but maybe its due to weak pelvic floor? I was suffering from "wetness" a month ago or so & when i went to the docs he refered me to pysio, since ive been doing the pelvic floor excersises I havnt had any further leakage (or not as much anyway)

I began leaking at 37 weeks too - v egg whitey discharge - and at 37 + 2 I had my baby! You could be losing your plug

Tiggy26 said:
I dont know for sure but maybe its due to weak pelvic floor? I was suffering from "wetness" a month ago or so & when i went to the docs he refered me to pysio, since ive been doing the pelvic floor excersises I havnt had any further leakage (or not as much anyway)

it's definately not urine though and my pelvic floors are in pretty good shape as I am a horse rider and have been doing my pelvic floor exercises.

Kylie1007 said:
I began leaking at 37 weeks too - v egg whitey discharge - and at 37 + 2 I had my baby! You could be losing your plug

did u call your dr/MW when it happened? Just debating what to do :think: It's happening a lot now and I have no contractions but am worried about a slow leak and an infection if I have a rupture :?

KJL said:
Tiggy26 said:

it's definately not urine though and my pelvic floors are in pretty good shape as I am a horse rider and have been doing my pelvic floor exercises.

If its not urine then it could very well be your plug? The kind of discharge ive been having recently is egg white/yellowish at times. Im wondering myself if im going to be one of these woman that just loses their plug in bits rather than in a big blob lol never the less everytime i go to the toilet i still check for the big snotty blob everyone else has been talking about.

I know you say you have been to the doctors yesturday but it might be worth giving your midwife a call instead?

KJL said:
Kylie1007 said:

did u call your dr/MW when it happened? Just debating what to do :think: It's happening a lot now and I have no contractions but am worried about a slow leak and an infection if I have a rupture :?

Yes I phoned my mw. Actually I began leaking on the Thursday and I called her the next Tuesday because there was SO much and I wanted to know if it was normal to lose that much! She said yes, it was prob just part of my mucus plug. Anyway that was about 11am and I phoned her back at 2pm in labour!

Tiggy26 said:
If its not urine then it could very well be your plug? The kind of discharge ive been having recently is egg white/yellowish at times. Im wondering myself if im going to be one of these woman that just loses their plug in bits rather than in a big blob lol never the less everytime i go to the toilet i still check for the big snotty blob everyone else has been talking about.

I know you say you have been to the doctors yesturday but it might be worth giving your midwife a call instead?

Thanks, I have taken your advice, just called the labour ward and spoke to a MW there. She said it could well be a slow leak so I need to monitor it for 2 hrs and then call back if it's still happening and they would want me to come in so they can check me out etc. Going to go get changed and see what happens. Thanks, I will keep u posted :D

If you have your baby now, it will be fine! Mine was born at 37 + 2 and he was 7lbs 8oz

Kylie1007 said:
If you have your baby now, it will be fine! Mine was born at 37 + 2 and he was 7lbs 8oz

Thanks, I am so close to 38 wks now that I am pretty happy things would be ok. When I saw my Dr. yesterday he said that the baby wasn't fully engaged but was very low down and in the right position. He didn't see labour at being imminent but I guess you can never quite tell with these things :?

The type of wetness you are having is it is quite runny but like an egg white colour? I have been having this too, tmi, makes my underwear quite wet afterwards, I was not sure if this is just normal excess discharge or something else. This is my first baby so I am still unsure of what is 'normal' lol.

KJL said:
Kylie1007 said:

Thanks, I am so close to 38 wks now that I am pretty happy things would be ok. When I saw my Dr. yesterday he said that the baby wasn't fully engaged but was very low down and in the right position. He didn't see labour at being imminent but I guess you can never quite tell with these things :?
No you can't! I never expected in a million years to be 3 weeks early! (and my baby came quickly! From when the mw checked me at 2.50 and I was 9.5cm dilated, i had the baby at 4.30 and there was no time to get to hospital!)

Kylie1007 said:
No you can't! I never expected in a million years to be 3 weeks early! (and my baby came quickly! From when the mw checked me at 2.50 and I was 9.5cm dilated, i had the baby at 4.30 and there was no time to get to hospital!)

:shock: Wow, now that's definately a quick birth! Well i'm still on leak alert, not had a massive wet patch again but am still getting trickles :think:

Updated:

so I spoke to MW on and off today and she said it doesn't sound like my waters as it's been an on/off trickle :roll: She spoke to the DR. who has a clinic tomorrow and has said to monitor myself closely for the next few hrs and if I'm still concerned I can come in tomorrow for a check up. Gonna go out and have a nice dinner with the hubby and maybe the cinema to take my mind off things and then see what happens. MW said to call her at any time during the night if I am concerned.

KJL said:
Kylie1007 said:

I had mine at 37 + 4 and he was 8lb 7oz!!!!!!!!!!

samandbump said:

:shock: At the moment I believe my bubs has been estimated about 5 lbs, it's an ickle one...less to push out thank god :rotfl:

thats good!!!!! they estimated mine was about 7lbs but they were very wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samandbump said:
thats good!!!!! they estimated mine was about 7lbs but they were very wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god, I bet just my luck they've got it wrong and I'm going to have a 10 lb baby :rotfl: My poor tummy is stretched to it's capacity as it is :?

KJL said:
samandbump said:

:shock: At the moment I believe my bubs has been estimated about 5 lbs, it's an ickle one...less to push out thank god :rotfl:

I was told this but at 30 weeks so I think he's going to be a monster :rotfl:

Babylicious said:
I was told this but at 30 weeks so I think he's going to be a monster :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Unfortunately my little madam hasn't been growing so well over the past couple of weeks so I have to have another scan next wed to check her progress, if things are still slowing down then my Dr. wants to discuss a possible induction. My mum had this problem when she had me and went 2 wks overdue (as the problem was undiagnosed until I was born) and I was still only just over 5 lbs as I wasn't getting enough nutrition from her placenta and so started losing weight around 38 wks. Don't want my little miss to shrink :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back