low amionitic fluid

lyndsey_28

Reaction score
i previously posted about this yesterday titled about my 28 week scan to which only two people commented to post good wishes :) so decided to do it this way instead!!

yesterday i went for my 28 week growth scan as my previos babies have been all the small side but this time weight was ok, but they noticed my waters were on the low side "borderline" the sonographer said, anyway a review wiith the consultant after lead to loads of questions being asked about my level of discharge and feeling wet down below :blush: this then led to internal examination, which sugested my cervix was ok, but swabs were taken to check for leaking of waters and infection as my urine showed traces of white blood cells!! i gotta go back in 2 wees to be rescanned to check my level of water is not going down fx

just wondered if anyone else has had experience with water being low or leaking early?? xx

Awwww honey I'm sorry that after being fine with the measurements, the waters are playing up now :hugs: I have no experience but wanted to wish you well and let us know how your next scan goes xxxxx

I had low waters with my first and at 36 weeks I went to be scanned as Dylan wasn't moving much. Turns out my waters had near enough gone without me knowing. He was born the next day but is a strapping 13 year old now. lol

I had low waters with my first and at 36 weeks I went to be scanned as Dylan wasn't moving much. Turns out my waters had near enough gone without me knowing. He was born the next day but is a strapping 13 year old now. lol

thats nice to know i just find it a bit worrying as i have never experienced this with any of the others, just weight and growth issues which seem to be fine!! just hope they dont go to low too quick as i will only be 30+4 on my next scan and would rather get much further along before baby comes :) fingers crossed it will be ok xx

not had any experience cos i am the other way.....hope your scan goes okay xx

I am currently going through this. My fluid is low so having a scan every week. I have had steroid injections as they might make me deliver early (this was 3 weeks ago). My baby is estimated to be between 5-6lb and waters are at 6.4 lowest they can go is 4. I have no watery discharge they said I dont seem to be producing enough fluid. They will probably scan u each week to just to check fluid x

Hiya, i'm the same as samsgirl, I'm the other way, got too much fluid. There are a few conditions for me now with regards to the birth, but nothing too major at the moment. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, although i've asked the consultants lots of questions because I like to know all outcomes!

Hiya, i'm the same as samsgirl, I'm the other way, got too much fluid. There are a few conditions for me now with regards to the birth, but nothing too major at the moment. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice, although i've asked the consultants lots of questions because I like to know all outcomes!

is your baby engaged yet poppy? x

I am currently going through this. My fluid is low so having a scan every week. I have had steroid injections as they might make me deliver early (this was 3 weeks ago). My baby is estimated to be between 5-6lb and waters are at 6.4 lowest they can go is 4. I have no watery discharge they said I dont seem to be producing enough fluid. They will probably scan u each week to just to check fluid x

i hope everything goes ok for you and u manage a few more weeks before baby has too be delivered :) i will update u when i have my next scan i think as long as i have no more watery discharge it may be a good sign that waters arent leaking, although they may still go down!!

its just so hard waiting to see what the outcome will be in 2 weeks time it just makes me worry i kinda wanna have all the answers now but i know that will never happen xxx

Hey Bump Buddy, Sorry I have just seen this, hope your doing ok? You can text me anytime you need to even if it's just for a freak out :)

HUGE :hugs: to you xxxxx

hope everything turns out ok for you too!! i think thats the reason i stress out sometimes as i wanna know all the answers there and then and possible outcomes which isnt gonna happen

thankgod for pf else i think i would crack up :) xx

is your baby engaged yet poppy? x[/QUOTE]

Well as of last friday's scan the baby was head down, no mention of engagement though. I have had a few shooting twinges in the foof area since so fingers crossed baby is getting comfy in there. There is a plan in place.
If I get contractions first - get to hospital earlier than later, turn baby if necessary/possible, break waters in controlled way.
If waters go first - get into hospital asap, if baby not head down then it will be c section.

Consultant said no point in checking position via scans any further as baby could keep changing anyway.

How are things going for you?

Hey Bump Buddy, Sorry I have just seen this, hope your doing ok? You can text me anytime you need to even if it's just for a freak out :)

thankyou bump buddy :)

it just feels like you get over one obstacle and ur given another one to overcome im not too stresssed at the moment, just wanted to know who had been in same situation and what i could be facing.....kids are off school at the moment so they are keeping me occupied lol

my little man keeps giving me some lovely strong kicks so that makes me feel better knowing he is playing around in there :dance:fingers crossed the next two weeks go fast and everything is ok and dont worry if i get too stressed u may regret giving me ur number lol hehehe xxxxx

i dont have any experience in this but just wanted to say good luck with it all hope it ends up ok and baby can stay in there until hes ready to come out :)

xxx

is your baby engaged yet poppy? x

Well as of last friday's scan the baby was head down, no mention of engagement though. I have had a few shooting twinges in the foof area since so fingers crossed baby is getting comfy in there. There is a plan in place.
If I get contractions first - get to hospital earlier than later, turn baby if necessary/possible, break waters in controlled way.
If waters go first - get into hospital asap, if baby not head down then it will be c section.

Consultant said no point in checking position via scans any further as baby could keep changing anyway.

How are things going for you?[/QUOTE]

well saw midwife yesterday and baby is engaged....i knew it was cos i suddenly got so uncomfy and started walking like john wayne and my back is very sore...i just knew and then she confirmed it.

so that was a good thing cos they were worried it wouldnt engage cos of the increased fluid and cos its a big one, they sometimes dont engage...but it has so signs are good.

i have a scan on tuesday to see size again and then decisions will be made from there with the consultant xx

thankyou bump buddy :)

it just feels like you get over one obstacle and ur given another one to overcome im not too stresssed at the moment, just wanted to know who had been in same situation and what i could be facing.....kids are off school at the moment so they are keeping me occupied lol

my little man keeps giving me some lovely strong kicks so that makes me feel better knowing he is playing around in there :dance:fingers crossed the next two weeks go fast and everything is ok and dont worry if i get too stressed u may regret giving me ur number lol hehehe xxxxx

I never regret giving anyone my number :) if it's needed use it that's what friends are for :)

I am 27 weeks and they found low fluid levels at my anomoly scan and been back and forth twice a week but i feel really depressed about it esp today as it feels like its worse but i feel like im fussing if i ring midwives.

hey hun

try not to get to down about it i was backwards and forwards to the hosp constantly as they were realy low then normal then low again and it carried on througout my pregnancy as i was even checed a few days before he was due!! my little baby boy was born last fri on his dd perfectly healthy and fine and weighing 7lb 6.5oz :)

so try not to let it worry you too much xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back