OH's in the room - which end?

Wowser Head end is winning at the mo which i didn't think would happen :think:

Thank for all your votes and posts so far...

LMP x

My OH is quite squeasmish & was adament he was only going to stay at the head end. When the midwife said she could see the head he suddenly got curious & decided he wanted a peek - but Austin was born so quickly he didn't get a chance. I'm sure he's make sure he has a look next time because he was a bit disappointed he 'missed' it.

I really wouldn't have cared where he was when I was in labour, to be honest I wouln't have cared if he'd brought his entire family in to have a peer at the business end - I only cared about getting that baby out NOW!

BabyBee said:
muppetmummy said:
OH wants to stay at the top end, but i've told him he's got to try and get some photos of the business end as I'd like to see what it looks like :lol:
Might be difficult though as I'm planning to birth in a pool.

snorkels and an underwater camera...

I'm hoping to use the pool too, and if I do DH will be in there with me which he's fine with. He's even accepting his 'pooper scooper' role and knows he might have to get handy with a sieve if the need arises. As you can tell, he isn't squemish!

L xx

Lisamj said:
BabyBee said:
muppetmummy said:
OH wants to stay at the top end, but i've told him he's got to try and get some photos of the business end as I'd like to see what it looks like :lol:
Might be difficult though as I'm planning to birth in a pool.

snorkels and an underwater camera...

I'm hoping to use the pool too, and if I do DH will be in there with me which he's fine with. He's even accepting his 'pooper scooper' role and knows he might have to get handy with a sieve if the need arises. As you can tell, he isn't squemish!

L xx

I'm impressed with your OH! Mine refuses to get in the pool and is avoiding his poo watch duties :shakehead:

We both wanted my hubby to be at that end and it worked out perfect for us; although hubby almost never made it on time.

He said it was the best thing he has ever experienced.

My hubby wants to be at the business end, cutting the cord and everything! :shock:

I'm surprise that some of you are having partners in the pool with you in hospital or birthing centres.

In both our local midwife unit and the hospital they won't allow partners in the pool with you due to the risk of cross infection. I have no idea what that risk is, but if you plan for your partner to be in the pool with you then it's worth checking before he packs his trunks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back