OH driving me mad!

Em91

Reaction score
Argh sorry just really need a rant. OH has the same sickness bug I had at the start of the week, for which I got 0 sympathy and was still expected to cook the dinner and iron the work uniform!

Yet he gets it and hes dying, he can't feel his legs, he can't breath. Hes even managing to make being sick sound dramatic! He shouts downstairs saying "Emma I need a drink", no please and no thankyou. Then I just sit my massive 27 weeks pregnant self back down and he shouts "get me the sick bowl" FFS!
Men and man flu drives me mad, I wouldn't mind if he didn't know how badly my back hurts and how knackered I am from a day at work.

Usually hes lovely and has moments where hes so caring. Then days like this I want to throttle him.
Sorry again for the massive rant I just needed to say it before I screamed it at him!

Haha...men are crap :rofl:
i've had words with mine today, he's had the week off work (booked it as holidays) and hasnt lifted a finger once, apart from Monday we caned the housework together, since then...nothing, and i got pissed off because i thought he has the week off, i'm heavily pregnant, it wouldnt harm to help out this week! I think he took the hint as he picked DD up from school this aft and let me have a nap :lol:

xx

They are a nightmare at times, mine is really pathetic when he's ill and when I say I have to carry on as normal he says 'but you're so much stronger than me' - oh purlease, cue the violins. Saying that he has been great recently, it seems to have clicked I'm heavily pregnant as I'm banned from lifting anything and am made to have an extra hour in bed in the mornings - don't mind if I do :) xxx

Taffy I hope my OHs moment of realization comes soon. I went upstairs to find sick in the bath! :-/ I mean the toliets not much further!
I'm now spending the night on the sofa because I can't stand lying next to him heaving and being sick into a bowl, awful of me I know!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Haha...men are crap :rofl:
i've had words with mine today, he's had the week off work (booked it as holidays) and hasnt lifted a finger once, apart from Monday we caned the housework together, since then...nothing, and i got pissed off because i thought he has the week off, i'm heavily pregnant, it wouldnt harm to help out this week! I think he took the hint as he picked DD up from school this aft and let me have a nap :lol:

xx

glad you got some rest and he clocked on :) x

:rofl: :rofl: My OH is always like this when he's ill. Man up and get on with it I say! He never gets any sympathy from me haha! Men are such drama queens when it comes to illness :roll:

:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

I don't blame you hun, best to leave him to it, plus you need your rest too. Get some friends or family to drop some friendly hints to your OH, mine made my OH feel very guilty about what I was still doing. I think starting the antenatal classes also helped as someone else was telling him what our body's are going through xxx

Totally agree with the pantsness of men!
My OH decided to wake me up at 5am this morning to tell me that he was worried about something at work and couldn't sleep!!! The fact that I am up countless times in the night either with pins and needles in the hips or just good old fashioned weeing for fun did not enter his mind.
Good thing we love them.
Xx

Aww, men a! He came downstairs at 6am when he was going to work and said "did you sleep ok?" I responded with "yes clearly I slept well because the sofa is comfy with a 28 week bump" x

Ugh MEN :wall2:

I'm on my 7th cold of this pregnancy, had kidney infection and pneumonia and just as I was getting over pneumonia my OH was getting over a virus and had the cheek to say to me... 'you only had pneumonia for 5 mins, what I have has really taken it out of me..' eeeeer GIT That is imprinted on my brain forever and will be held against him FOREVER lol

xxxxx

men can be useless sometimes can u imagine if they got pregnant how would they cope, no wonder its left to us ladies :lol:

lol, I don't think they could hack it :p x

Do you know what? My OH saw this thread over my shoulder and has said 'well, women don't feel as bad as men when they're ill anyway, according to some studies'.
"Some studies" my arse!!! How the hell can they tell what we feel?! I think sometimes men just want all the attention!

Do you know what? My OH saw this thread over my shoulder and has said 'well, women don't feel as bad as men when they're ill anyway, according to some studies'.
"Some studies" my arse!!! How the hell can they tell what we feel?! I think sometimes men just want all the attention!

Studies done by men clearly :p lol

Studies done by men clearly :p lol

Defo have to be done by men. My OH always throws that in my face... a report said they suffer more blah blah... and how exactly do you measure suffering? lol

Urg MEN lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back