off topic, but for anyone who gets unwanted phone calls...

jomc

Reaction score
hello ladies,

if like me you get annoying telephone calls during the day trying to sell you something, change ur energy supplier etc, here is a link that takes just 2 mins to register on and it means u get added to an official list which makes it illegal for the company to call you if you havent given them prior consent.

Heard about it by accident 5 mins ago - just got an energy company calling us (9pm at night!!!). We asked for our details to be removed and he asked if we were part of the telephone preference service. Googled it and its this.

Have just registered. Can take 28 days to fully become effective but after that you shouldnt get any cold callers and if you do you can report them:)

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

No probs! Had a day off today and got 6 calls!

The only prob is it doesn't always work lol we registered last year and still get the occasional call (granted it's a lot less!!)

I've done this straight away - they always ring when I'm having a snooze! I run down the stairs to the phone and have nearly gone down the stairs head first several times - really dangerous!

The only prob is it doesn't always work lol we registered last year and still get the occasional call (granted it's a lot less!!)

I can imagine! But if u get the company name u can report them as its illegal for them to contact u :)

Thanks for posting this! I get sooooo many (surprisingly, a lot of callers say they found me through being registered with Emma's Diary :eh: )

Last edited:
Just like Pinkyprincess, Hubby registered ages ago and we still get calls, not a lot but always around dinner time.

Some companies just have no respect and will do it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back