off topic, and really stupid worry!

smokey08

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies! how is everyone??

I applied for a job with really good money a couple of months ago! got a call this morning offering me an interview :dance:

i'm obviously :ttc: and am now in my :2ww: so now im worried about getting the job and knowing my luck i'll get my :bfp: (after months of trying)

how am i going to explain that to my employer if this happens?? im afraid they will feel i mislead them.......am i just being dramatic??

so sorry girls, i worry about the little things!! :roll:

what would you do???? xxxxxx

:wave: Tough one...

I don't think it is a little thing to be worried about chick.

I would go for the interview.
If it has taken a while for them to contact people for interview, the chances are it could take a while for a decision to be made.

You can see how you feel then and might even have got your bfp!!!

I would definitely go for the interview.

xx

ive got an interview next wk and im ttc on month 4 now so i will not be putting it off and if i get it so be it- you have to tell your employer after 20wks so dont worry if when you get your 12wk scan is when i would tell them! x

Hey :wave:

Defo go for it hun, you haven't got to tell them anything for months anyway & defo don't miss out any opportunities if they arise

xxx

Hey Smokey

First of all congrats on landing a job interview for something you wanted!

Both TTC and getting a new job are big things so don't think it's a silly worry!

I am in a similar boat as I've just got a new job (was TTC around time of the interview...) and am still in the 2ww (altho fairly sure AF will be here this weekend). I'm sure your employer won't think you've betrayed them by having a baby, people try for months and nothing happens, how are you to know when it could catch?

Personally speaking now that I have the job I am going to hold off TTC until the minimum date for when I'd qualify for maternity pay (unfortunately 2 cycles of waiting) but only because OH wants to.

But you shouldn't let fear of BFP hold you back from landing a position you're after!!

Think on the positive side - you could get the new job with good pay and then a couple of months later a BFP it could all work out very well for you :clover:

xx

Last edited:
awww thanks ladies! ye are sooooo right!! you lot always make me feel better :hugs:

i'm thinking if i do land this job.... i might put baby on hold for a few months, although it's going to be so hard, i feel a little one is the only thing missing from my life at the moment!

but surely it would be better to concieve with better money and support for our little one???

life can get so complicated at times!! :rofl:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

tinselcat you'd never know! could be your month! :hugs:

FX for all of your with your testing dates coming up!!! x x x

Go for it Hun I hope u tempt fate and get a bfp!!! :yay: x

smokey im in exactly the same position, have an interview next week for a fantastic company, its an opportunity i just cant pass up but would feel so awkward if i fell preggers. then again though, once im in the company there's nothing anyone can do!! sometimes in life you have to be selfish! xx

Good luck for your job interview positivity!!! :clover:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back