Odd craving! VERY odd!!!

Sage

Reaction score
Ever since i was about 24 weeks i cant stop craving mud!!!! Its not the taste just the texture! umm the crunch if that makes sense!! uuhh its disgusting but i cant help it!! Ive got to the stage were ive got a little plant pot in my living room, i like my finger and just dip it a little bit in the mud and lick it off!!! Its def the texture im craving ive also been tempted to eat dry paint and washing tablets!!!! mad what pregnancy does to you......i hope im not the only one!! please someone make me feel a little bit more sane and say you no exactly what i mean!!!

well ive never heard of that one

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nutter_center-tbn.jpg

I craved chalk & clean washing when I was pregnant! It was the texture of the chalk I craved, and the smell of washing. I used to wash one thing and put it in the tumble dryer then sit in the utility room to smell it drying!

Completely bonkers.

There are other nutters out there too :rotfl: My aunt craved dirt also and I think she gave into the temptation :puke:
I have been craving chewing on a sponge- everytime a go in the bath or shower I spend 5 mins soaking it in ice cold water then having a good old chew! :oops:
Pregnancy is weird :rotfl:

Mud , mud, glorious mud, nothing quite like it for cooling the blood! YUM :wink:

Anna shhhhh :shhh: dont say sponge..you'll have all the nutters going crazy again....including me and Im just about get in the bath

annaespana1 said:
There are other nutters out there too :rotfl: My aunt craved dirt also and I think she gave into the temptation :puke:
I have been craving chewing on a sponge- everytime a go in the bath or shower I spend 5 mins soaking it in ice cold water then having a good old chew! :oops:
Pregnancy is weird :rotfl:

Argh I couldn't resist having a chew on my sponge the other day..I actually want to eat it but I don't thin that's gonna be very good.. :lol:

i craved mud when i was preg with charl.. although i never ate/tasted it due to toxoplasmithingmajig stuff.. i did however buy a very small bag of compost and sniff it a few times a day lol.. sexehh as hell lol.. must be some sort of vitamin your lacking in.. try taking some of your preggy vits lol..

and u slags stfu about sponges lol..they r minging...although cant wait to suck my flannel when im in labor lol..

Mine is the smell of wood burning yum yum yum

I light the fire just for the hell of it, so i can get my wood fix (and to make everyone else leave the room cos its too hot :rotfl: )

SPONGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love to chew on a sponge!!! i have one beside my bed i just cant et enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!mmm

That texture is the thing that sets my teeth on edge :|

I keep eating tissue paper at the moment, having to ration myself :oops: :oops: :rotfl:

What does pregnancy do to us, both this time and last i have eaten toothpaste. Normally i sit on the sofa in the evening thinking of getting up and getting chocolate but when i'm preg all i can think of is eating toothpaste or brushing my teeth, i love everything about it the smell (mmmmm) and the taste and swallowing it and the grittyness of the whitening one. God now i want some. My teeth have never looked so good, but how bad is eating toothpaste for you......very!!! :rotfl:

MMMM toothpaste, i am convinced its a mineral deficiency....

When i was pregnant i loved the smell of that car "polyfilla" stuff...

dunno waht its called, but it smelt LUSH

There was a factory that used to make it half way between my dads wrok and my huose, and when i joined him for lunch, car window was down as i went past, rain or shine *mmmmmmmm* :D

Oh and KFC wipes i could hve eaten them... refrained mind, i used to wipe it on my upper lip so i could smell it :D hahahah

Sounds like you have pica. Pica has been linked to iron deficiency.

I had pica too from 27-30 weeks and was craving crunching ice cubes like crazy. I did some research and saw that it can be linked to anaemia. I got a letter from the hospital that week telling me I was anaemic. The craving completely disappeared after being on iron tablets for two weeks. You should always get non-food cravings checked out as they can be a sign you are lacking something.

I have read up about this pica thing and so phoned my local mw help no, they simply said dont eat toothpaste and to suck mints instead, oh right cos its that easy!!!! :rotfl: Plus mints dont work i've tried. They said i

I am making an appointment with the doctor for thursday to discuss with him as this is becoming an obssession rather than just a phase. I also have a really odd looking mole which i want checked out so thought it would be a good idea to ask at the same time. :|

I can't remember who it was but someone on here craved the smell of the vacuum, and someone else ate the plaster on the walls?

lol hot cross buns for me, i was relatively normal :)

chrystaltips said:
Sounds like you have pica. Pica has been linked to iron deficiency.

I had pica too from 27-30 weeks and was craving crunching ice cubes like crazy. I did some research and saw that it can be linked to anaemia. I got a letter from the hospital that week telling me I was anaemic. The craving completely disappeared after being on iron tablets for two weeks. You should always get non-food cravings checked out as they can be a sign you are lacking something.
#

That's interesting, I was diagnosed as being borderline anaemic at about 36 weeks.

I used to satisfy my chalk craving by eating Rennies, they have a similar texture.

LOL! aaah thanks guys i feel so much more "normal" now i no im not the only one with mud cravings or other random things! I no exactly what you mean about the washing powder to! I mean ive always loved the smell of daz but since ive been pregnant ive gone crazy for the stuff! I make sure the heating is on constantly in my house with some washing on the radiators so the house always smells of it!!! My partner thinks im going crazy coz he either walks in the room and im sitting there with a plant pot in my hands or washing wrapped round my head sniffing the hell out of it! Im kinda fond of toothpaste and rennie tablets to but nothing beats the crunch of mud! ooo also i bite the end off some masking tape earlier and ended up munching on that for a bit today as well! I'll tell you what im like a bloody goat at the mo! I'll eat anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back