• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

O.C and getting fed up

kerrymac

Reaction score
I have to have a moan - Sorry!!
I was properly diagnosed with Obstetric Cholestasis on Sat, even after they took my bloods while in hospital last week ( they were high and didnt even give me any medication). But after a night of severe itching and no sleep on Friday, I went into hospital on Sat morning and they did some more bloods etc and finally listened to me and confirmed I did indeed have O.C.
They said if baby hasnt come by 37-38 weeks I will be induced, but apparently there is a high chance of me going in to labour naturally early with O.C, does anyone know anyone this has happened to????
I have to go into hospital every week for a doppler scan and just be closely monitored. Im on lots of medication, including Vitamin K to help my blood clot. I hate taking all this medication but I have been reassured by my consultant that it will be ok?
Im just fed up as it has been one thing after another with this pregnancy and I just want my baby out safe and well!!!

xxx

Oh dear it all sounds like a nightmare but 37-38 weeks isn't too far away so not too long now and you will have your LO in your arms! :hug: :hug:

:hug: They wouldn't give you meds if it would harm you or baby so don't worry about that sweetie.

It's much better that you've been diagnosed so good for you for getting it checked out. At least you can mentally prepare for an early arrival if that's what they are saying is likely to happen!

Also, I suppose it's good in a way to know you're in your 35th week now (only 2 weeks off full term), so even if bubs arrived tomorrow, chances are everything would be absolutely fine :hug:

Hope you're feeling ok and a bit better now xx

Aww I feel a bit better now, thank you :hug: :hug: . Always seem to feel a bit better after having a little rant :wink:

Sorry no experience of OC except what I've read in the sticky but just wanted to say it is a positive thing that you've been diagnosed :hug:

They'll be monitoring you closely to make sure all is ok and you get to meet your bubs a little earlier :D :hug:

i was started at 37 weeks. they didn't want to let me go over that as they said the risks where to high (i ended up going in at 37 and 1 and had alice at 37 & 2), but different areas / hospitals have different procedures.

I was diagnosed at 28/9 weeks. i had to go up the hospital everyday for traces, weekly blood tests, fortnightly scans. at the worse, 17 pills a day. Steroid jabs incase there where complications, to give alice the best chance. It seemed like too much at the time, but i would do it 1000% over. just one look at alice makes me remember it was all worth it!

have they given you any antihistamines (sp)? they gave me some and they said they would help with the itching.

Pop a dam flannel in the fridge - its great for the middle of the night! make sure you have loads of ice in as well.... grab a couple of ice cubes and pop them in a flannel and use that to cool the itching down.

also, camomile lotion was suggested to me. I found aquasis cream helped (i even kept it in the fridge to keep it cold!).

As mildly said - its best to be diagnosed that not. Now they know they can help do what is best for you and bubs.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a pm. Im no expert, but i can tell you what happened to me :D - check out the sticky - there are a few links on there that have more info as well.

Thank you so much, you have made me feel a little more positive now.
The gave me some piriton as well as the other stuff. I also have already had steroid injections last week one in each bum cheek while ~i was in hospital, so at least baby's lungs will be matured a bit more than they would have been.
Im glad everything worked out positive for you, it has made me feel so much better.

thanks again xxx :hug:

anytime :hug: . im not going to lie it was hard and stressful, but as ive said i would do it a 1000% over for alice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back