nwborn nappies

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies im just trying to get some information before im too fat to move hehe.....

any way

with a newbon baby how many nappies on average do they get through in a day?
is huggies newborn better then pampers?
finally is they any where i can buy nappies in a bundle?
ta luviez
xnatx

I have tried Huggies, Asda's own and Tesco's own and i have found them all to be good

On average i think i changed Keeley about 8-9 times a day including night changes.

I wouldn't buy newborn nappies in a bundle as the baby mite not be in that size for long :)

Size 1 - I tried Huggies, George, Pampers, Sainsbury & Superdrug nappies.......Huggies were my fave! I didn't like the George ones, they expanded too much with I think would have been uncomfortable for L.
L went through about 50 a week...think thats about 7 a day. She wore Size 1 for about 4 weeks (weighed 8lb exactly when born - weighed about 10lb I think when we upped the size)

Size 2 - she wore for about 6 weeks......we changed her into Size 3 this week - she's now weighing approx 12lb. Size 2 I only tried Huggies & Pampers & like Huggies best.

Size 3 - I've tried Huggies & Pampers & I like both the same...other than I prefer the Winnie the Pooh picture on the Huggies :oops: Keep trying Pampers cos of the vouchers I get through the post to get £1/ £2 off :D

I bought Huggies from Boots on 3 for 2 but that finished the other week.....don't buy too many in bulk, you need to see what suits you & your lo first, I would usggest getting a pack of different nappies to start with to see which fit suits your lo best as they are different.

(Sory about the essay :oops: )

thank you hunz,
i wont buy in bulk!
i like the winnie the pooh pic on the huggie one 2 :D
i think i will try a combination of different nappie and see which ones suit me ad bubba
thanx
:hug:
xnatx

We used Pampers for his first size nappies, found them really good but Pampers second size newborn were awful - every time he did a wee it was up his back and side, so switched to Huggies which are elasticated at the back and solved the wet back problem! :roll: He's now in size 3 pampers neworn which are elasticated too.
Don't buy too many in one size because you'll probably find your baby will have growth spurts and outgrow things quite quickly. :)

I think that Huggies nappies are the best for newborns as they fit nicely, don't leak and have Winnie the Pooh on them. I went through about 6-7 nappies a day at first. Once Jake had moved to size 2 nappies I found that the best nappies were Huggies, Pampers and Tescos. I think the worst nappies are Sainsburys own brand as they leak really bad. Now I buy Tesco nappies unless Huggies and Pampers are on offer. I think everyone has different views on the best nappy so I would just get a few different brands to try and see which brand suits your LO the most.

I like the newborn pampers size one better than huggies, huggies size 1 are smaller than pampers...Size 2 i like huggies and DH likes pampers still . I have had to take size 2 nappies back and exchange for size 3 as LO just keeps growing.

I also tried morrisons size one i didn't think it made nuch difference in the first couple of weeks it is now he wee's a lot i notice the nappy seems to matter more.

make sure you join the huggies and pampers club to get your vouchers

we're going thru about 10 a day at the moment. we've tried huggies and boots own i prefer boots as huggies are slightly big on her

we tried huggies pampers tescos and asda, i buy tesco now as they are good nappies and are better value for money but in the beginning i liked huggies as they were softer i tought pampers were quite rough.

Someone bought us 7 packs of Pampers newborn size 1 when I was pregnant and we've used them all within 3 weeks, just as he was outgrowing them.

I find huggies better though because of the stretchy waist, I just think they seem more comfy for him :)

ive joined the huggies and pampers club already :D
i never thought about buying supermaket brands before, but it sounds like you ladies find them to be good
:hug:
xnatx

I don't know if you already have but if not join the Boots parenting club, Boots health club, Tesco baby club, Morrisons more 4 baby club, Cow and Gate website and Bounty website. I have joined all of these aswell as Huggies and Pampers and I get loads of coupons sent through and sometimes free samples.

I forgot to say that if you have got a Toys R Us near you they also do a baby club which I think you can join online. Join them all ASAP because I got coupons from Boots for free make up and lots of money off things such as stretch mark cream whilst I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back