Nuts!!! Grrrr.

Jendon

Reaction score
When I first found out I was pregnant my MW told me that eating peanuts is now deemed as ok because if you dont eat them then your baby might become intolerant to them. However, I have still stayed away from peanuts (which has been hard as I LOVE them). The conflicting messages during pregnancy are so annoying - eat peanuts, dont eat peanuts. you can drink 2 units of alcohol, by no means let alcohol pass your lips!! What are supposed to believe??

As I heard contrasting info too, one source saying *avoid* them to prevent allergies, another saying *eat* them to prevent allergies, I just ate them as I usually do - not excessively and not rarely, just normally. There are so many things with peanut oil and extracts in I just couldn't be bothered to cut them all out.

leckershell said:
As I heard contrasting info too, one source saying *avoid* them to prevent allergies, another saying *eat* them to prevent allergies, I just ate them as I usually do - not excessively and not rarely, just normally. There are so many things with peanut oil and extracts in I just couldn't be bothered to cut them all out.

This is what I have done - I love my occassional peanut butter & strawberry jam sandwich ... :D

as i hav asthma and my boyf has a nut allergy i stayed away from them while pregnant (rly annoying coz i craved peanut butter!) and i still hav 2 now as im breast feeding. it is annoying u dont kno what 2 do 4 the best
grrr!

When pregnant I craved Snickers bars and Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (to name but 2 hehe), I have had issues with eczma and OH with asthma, but I still believed the opposite of 'avoidance is best', I believed if I ate no nuts then LO would have no chance as he'd not have had any nuts, needless to say Isaac is fine, no eczma or asthma, I hate all the conflicting health advice they give pregnant women, it can cause such stress and confusion :roll:

TBH they change their minds all the time, so i carried on eating peanut butter and prawns while i was pregnant but still avoided undercooked steak,paté and too much tuna etc.

Its up to you, but it doeant seem to have done my children any harm!

My mum never ate nuts when pregnant with me and I was ok (i think lol) but when shew as pregnant with my brither, she ate nuts and now he is allergic to them. I don't care if the docs say it's o to eat them, knowin gmy recent streak of bad luck, I am staying well clear of nuts lol

I ate peanut butter snickers and crunchy nut cornflakes all the time but i had no family history???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back