Advice on peanuts!!

K X

Reaction score
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.

Just a quick question-are you allowed to eat peanuts when you are pregnant? I can't find my list of do's and don'ts anywhere and amn't sure on this one. I developed a mad and ravenous craving for them last night and was eating them by the handful. I am sure I read somewhere to avoid them - especially if you are asthmatic cause baby can develop allergy.

Not entirely sure tho, and would be most grateful if anyone could shed some light.

Not being mad, but nothing was going to stop me eating nuts last night! x

They say you shouldn't eat peanuts if you or your partner, or anyone in either family, has asthma or excema or any kind of nut allergy.

I've eaten peanuts (and all other nuts too) all through, but only realised at about 4 months that OH and his kids had childhood excema! By then I figured it was too late to worry about it and have happily eaten all sorts of nuts. I guess I'll find out soon whether I was wrong to do so!

Thanks for your reply Skidoo. What did pregnant women do all those years ago before they discovered these things? That's what my mum says anyway, as she ate pate etc throughout her pregnancies and we were all ok.

I might go and munch on the rest of the bag now. Hope you are keeping well.xxx

everything is safe as long as you dont go over board to be honest.

i have eaten peanut butter all through my pregancies and my midwife has said its ok.

I had childhood eczema, still have it mildly now, have asthma too but peanuts never effected me. Time will tell if they effect Damien. I never cut them out, but them I never ate them all the time either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back