Nutri Prem 2

Becs

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on Nutri Prem. I am seriously considering introducing formula soon as Austins feeds can be such a struggle with wind and generaly getting on with the boob. (I was getting low on milk and now seem to have too much and he's choking, can't win!)

Anyway, we have some powdered Nurti Prem 2 which we got today but we were hoping to get our hands on the preprepared stuff which is available in cartons already made up. As it needs to be prescribed we wondered if it is harder to get. It would be great not tohave to make it up fresh all the time like when out and about or at night.

Could I ask your experiences with this and any general tips for introducing formula. Did your babies have any side effects or sudden weight gain. Has it been beneficial to those of you who made the switch or do you have any regrets. Really need some advice before we are ready to make the leap, but breast feeding is not making me a very nice person and now Austin is 7Ibs and has had my milk for nearly 3 months we would like to consider other options.

Hope everyone is doing well :D

Becs xx

Becs said:
Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on Nutri Prem. I am seriously considering introducing formula soon as Austins feeds can be such a struggle with wind and generaly getting on with the boob. (I was getting low on milk and now seem to have too much and he's choking, can't win!)

Anyway, we have some powdered Nurti Prem 2 which we got today but we were hoping to get our hands on the preprepared stuff which is available in cartons already made up. As it needs to be prescribed we wondered if it is harder to get. It would be great not tohave to make it up fresh all the time like when out and about or at night.

Could I ask your experiences with this and any general tips for introducing formula. Did your babies have any side effects or sudden weight gain. Has it been beneficial to those of you who made the switch or do you have any regrets. Really need some advice before we are ready to make the leap, but breast feeding is not making me a very nice person and now Austin is 7Ibs and has had my milk for nearly 3 months we would like to consider other options.

Hope everyone is doing well :D

Becs xx

Hi, My LO was 10 weeks early he had expressed milk for 6 weeks and then 2 weeks on cow and gate 1. in total he was in hospital for 8 weeks and came home weihing 5ib. I noticed on cow and gate 1he didnt put any wait on just 3oz in one week. we then went on to Nutriprem 2 and the first few weeks he put on 1ib a week and now at 25weeks he averages 1ib 4oz every 2 weeks. Once he went on nutriprem 2 his wait shot up!! as he is now 25weeks(14weeks corrected) and weighs 14ib 3oz they have decided he doesnt need nutriprem 2 anymore. I too had the powdered stuff for the first week and i asked my doctors pharmacy and she cheked in her 'pharmacy book' and she told me i was entitled to both powder and cartons on prescription. If they say no keep asking as it advises on the powder box to use cartons when out and about so they should not say no for that reason. I used to get roughly 10 cartons a week ordered!
my situation may be a bit different to yours as i did not get a chance to breast feed but my milk dried up when he was in hospital.
hope i have helped a little x

leland was never exclusivly bf , he wouldnt take it , we were also never on nurtiprem because he wasnt a low birth weight :lol:

but , on formula , he does gain ( and still does) a 1lb a fortnight , which has come down from a 1lb a week :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back