Which car seat is the best?

Confused2B

Reaction score
Hi. I'm now 28 weeks and we're starting to look for a first car seat, but there are just so many! Is everyone else having this problem?

High probability prem for various reasons, so are there any extra factors that I should be considering? What have other people been told?

Are they all as safe as each other, or should I be going for a particular type of seat? Where can I go for advice?

Any help from wise heads gratefully received!

Our nephew was born prem at 28 weeks (he's 41 weeks now). AS he only left hospital last week, they bought a standard car seat from Mamas & Papas. To be honest, the hospital would be the best to advise you. The Jane company also do a car seat which can be used completely flat (it adjusts from totally flat to sitting up) even when in the car - so if they recommend the baby stays flat then this might be worth considering.

i just had a mama's and papa's Conal was born at 28 weeks and came home at 7 weeks old it was fine for him although i did use a rolled up blanket with it for the first few weeks around his head.

I asked the nurses in scbu abuot laying flat or sitting as we had a travel system then but they said it shouldn't matter as long as he wasn't in it for hours and hours, i got him a pramette instead though :D tbh i've not seen one that looks more appropriate for prems but there might be one

Good luck

Heather

emma was born at 30 weeks and when we brought her home at 5 weeks old we just had a standard car seat nothing special :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back