Nursing Mothers

angelmomma

Reaction score
Can You still breast feed and join a gym for a couple days out of a week?
My daughter is 9months and I want to join a gym to lose this weight, I try walking and its still there.
She doesnt take bottles very attach to the breast
so did anyone work out at a gym and still breastfed??I heard that once u work out you lose your milk supply?

thanks

as long as you're eating well and having extra calories its ok to exercise. Your breastfeeding is well established by now so it will be fine.

I work in a creche in a gym and lots of babies we look after are breastfed.

Can you go on a low fat diet if you are breastfeeding? I don't mean fat free but limited fat or does this also effect the milk supply?

skatty said:
Can you go on a low fat diet if you are breastfeeding? I don't mean fat free but limited fat or does this also effect the milk supply?

You can do plans like Weight Watchers as they give you loads of extra points if you're bf. I lost a stone in a few weeks with them but gave up as I felt it was affecting my milk supply (Ella was going through her 4 month growth spurt aswell). Just cut out the rubbish and high fat foods and eat healthily. If your bf then you'll lose the weight a lot faster anyhoo. Well that's what I found :)

Hi

My daughter is now just over 6 months old and I started exercising about 6 wks ago. Before that I didn't really have the motivation to start, it wasn't a case of being concerned about my milk supply.

I haven't notice a drop in milk supply as a result of the exercise but I do eat lots of low fat protein and make sure I drink a lot of water.

I was exclusively breastfeeding but when I introduced solids at 6 months I introduced a bottle of formula before bed.

Lucy

Thanks everyone
I want to join Lucille Roberts
did anyone ever went?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member