Nursing chairs

star fish

Reaction score
I notice all the new ones have arms, but my mothers generation keep telling me that I need to have one without arms! I would assume they know better because they have all been there and done it, but on the other hand styles move on, usually for the better, but not always! Confused!

Also, my desk is in the nursery and my desk chair (just an ordinary kitchen chair) has become impossible to sit on for more than half an hour, so do you think I could get a nursing chair that isnt too low down so it could double up as a desk chair?

I dont want to pay for one of the new types that glide back and forth, as how long would i realistically use it? do you think a rocking chair might do the same soothing thing?

And final silly question - my best friend says she is getting me a breast feeding cushion, it's like a semi circular thing that goes around your waist, and she said hers was the best thing she got. Does that mean i need a chair with arms to rest it on or a chair without arms as it wont otherwise fit?

AHHHHH! :-? :confused:

Hi Hun I got the half moon pillow today :) according to the piccie on it it lies on your lap and wraps around you. So the baby is a few inches higher so easier to feed etc.

I have no idea about arms etc x

Hey love,

I'd think you'd need one with arms, not only to rest the cushion on, but so you can lean to either side? Just for comfort imo.

I did indulge in a gliding one, I wasn't going to, but thought I can use it for a wee while, like for reading stories etc.

How much are you wanting to spend?

xx

I agree - you probably want one with arms to rest on and then the feeding pillow goes around your belly and rests in the crook of your arm. I'm investing in a gliding chair too as 1 sister has a standard rocking chair and another has a gliding chair (which doubles for her as a desk chair while she's pregnant - but this obv. depends on chair and desk). The gliding chair is so amazing and she still uses it to relax in and read even when her kids are older - I've found it much comfier than the rocking chair although the rocking chair has the same function!

Last edited:
I got my hands on a glider off eBay. It is sooooo comfy. I can imagine falling asleep in it because it is so relaxing.

Definately with arms hun, I got a glider rocker chair and it was bought as a present from my mum n dad, its by far the best thing I got. The arms are brilliant for resting your arms as baby gets heavy when feeding and especially when you are first breast feeding. My little boy is 10months and I have the V pillow around my back now whereas used to rest baby on it, on the arm of the chair. I read to him in it and have nice cuddles before bed I dont think i'll ever get rid of it i love it :) x

Ok, thats all pretty convincing! I was thinking of only spending about £40 as its a chair i dont actually need and we dont really have room for, but maybe i should rethink. Do you think it is high up enough to double as a desk chair? I dont really want 2 chairs in such a small room

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back