Nursing Chairs

emma1976

Reaction score
Hi there,

A lot of people have been talking about nursing chairs and I haven't really thought of one, didn;t really know they existed (Durrrr). I am going to have to spend the majority of the night in the nursery and have a futon in there but would you recommend a nursing chair would be the idea comfort for me rather than getting backache off a rather uncomfy futon. Thing is I would need to sleep on the futon as well some nights and we don't have room for the nursing chair and futon? Any alternatives, like nursing cushions or something? Do they make them?

Any help would be appreciated ladies.

Em xxx

I don't know but I've been told that a V pillow or a body pillow bent round and on your lap is helpful for nursing. My Nan (who is 91 incidentally and pretty incredible :) ) still has the chair that her two sons bought her from a second hand shop for nursing with when she was pregnant with my Mum- it's low down so that her feet were flat on the floor (we're all about 5ft in my family so this is a rare chair to find in any case!) and it has nice long arms. I've loved this chair for years and actually got myself a cute, upright but short chair with arms a couple of years ago as a nice comfy chair and possible future nursing chair! So I think that what makes a chair good for nursing must be a comfy chair that supports your back and arms but I'm not sure!

I haven't really answered anything there, sorry, just whittered on as per usual!

+++

:lol: No probs Rosebay, you have been a help, thanks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back