Nursery on a budget =)

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
Well it's not the new mama's and papa's delux nursery make over :rotfl: but I'm pleased at the turn out :cheer:

Hubby apparently doesn't believe in boy and girl stuff for babies/really small kids :shakehead: and I must admit I'm still hesitant at going 'too blue' just in case bumpy decides to surprise us by popping out as a girl :lol: but I truely wasn't impressed when he insited that the flowery pink/terracoter/and lilac bedroom down the landing was the nursery and the (already blue) fairly plain room opposite ours was for his dad when he moves in later on in the year :wall:

He also insisted on a very small budget for decorating the nursery and was worried I'd go 'mad' :lol:

However £35 lighter and reusing some old Islamic frames we had stashed in a cupboard...and to be honest it isn't that bad :D
We are still going to get a rug for the floor - hubby insists on white/cream fake sheeps wool.

Then there's the jungle cot mobile, bed sheets, lullaby thingy that projects lights on the ceiling and my mum is going to buy the 'cars' toy tidy storage shelf thingy-ma-bob which will go where the moses basket is (that's coming in our room) :cheer: Mean's the room will be finished early October and I'm due on 21st so should all be fine.

Thought I'd share some pics although I appologise because the room is so small it's impossible to get a lot in one shot as the walls are so close :oops: lol and also there's some boxes from moving in I still need to empty.

DSCF3513.jpg
DSCF3514.jpg

DSCF3515.jpg

DSCF3516.jpg
DSCF3517.jpg

...we also ordered my Graco Mosaic travel system on the mothercare installments plan today :cheer:

It looks lovely! :cheer:

I'm sure baby will love it! I must admit like your hubby I'm not too into the pink/blue nursery theme and I am planning to leave the old cream walls as they are in our spare room, bought a few stickers/transfers like you from the babies r us "I love my bear" range for the walls to match the bedding set.....

I'm sure in no time they will be all grown up and demanding a princess room, or a dragon room or something similar anyway!!

Congrats - your wayyyy more organised than me!!

Cleo xxx

Aww it looks great :D
Ooh you have 1 of those paintings in your nursery, was it you that painted them and posted about possibly selling some? x

It looks lovely, well done :D

Love the colourful animals on the wall :D

No it's not me that paints it's peanut1982 :D If you look in the sales and wanted section she's listed under a topic called "our members shops"...her link is either last or second from last)

Looks lovely hun and delighted to see the painting in place - hope you're little one likes it too! :D

We ordered the Graco Mosaic too, arrived at my mum's the other day - everything starting to feel very real all of a sudden :lol:

Sarah xx

jungle animals rock!!! well done it looks lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back