Nursery illnesses????

pilkers

Reaction score
OH just called an apparently when he dropped Evie off at nursery he was told that there is an outbreak of worms in the nursery and we need to keep a close eye on Evie and get her to the doctors asap if we spot anything...Is this common????? I was quite repulsed :oops: :oops:

I'm just beginning to wonder if my nursery has more outbreaks than anywhere else...so far in the last 2 weeks we've had a headlice outbreak, a chicken pox outbreak and now worms :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Am I over-reacting in thinking this is a bit much?

Lucy's nursery has never had worms but there's often a sign up saying that there's been a case of chickenpox/headlice and can you check your child/be aware of etc. The thing about headlice and chickenpox is that it's difficult to prevent it spreading but I'd have thought that worms, I was under the impression it comes from their bum so it'd be down to poor hygeine, either the staff or children are not washing their hands properly at toilet visits?

They're very common it's just people don't talk about them as much as headlice, they're a bit "taboo". It only takes one sly scratch of the bum and every kid has them. I'm forever washing my hands at work just in case (I'm a teacher) as I know friends who've had them and everything else under the sun and it's certainly not because they've not regularly washed their hands etc.

Personally I think it's quite good that your nursery are on the ball as it's better to know than not.

Fair enough, seems to be my ignorance on the worms!

In which case I'd say that it's fairly normal then!

Finn's had a sickness bug, colds, chickenpox and then menigococcal septicaemia (although thatwasn;t caught at nursery is apparently a common complication with chickenpox). I know that when he goes back he'll catch something else!

Finn's had a sickness bug, colds, chickenpox and then menigococcal septicaemia (although thatwasn;t caught at nursery is apparently a common complication with chickenpox). I know that when he goes back he'll catch something else! He only started on 13th Oct too!

so far theres only been a chickenpox outbreak, but would Jamie catch it - NO!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back