• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nursery - Closing Down***Found new one****

Tina & Gabs

Reaction score
I have just had a call from Gabriella's nursery saying they are closing down as of next week :shock:

I am in total shock and don;t know what we are going to do.

It took me ages to find this nursery as there were so many I didn't like and they are so flexible with regard to the days that she does to fit in with my hubby's shifts!!!

Arrrghhhh; what a complete nightmare and how can they only give a weeks notice :x

I am onto other nurseries but I am definitely not going to get a place by next week.

Sorry girls but I am in total shock at the moment.

UPDATE*******

Well I have found another nursery for Gabs. It's not as local; so is going to be a pain getting to but Gabs really liked it and was very comfortable there. The staff are really friendly and it's quite small.
Just sorting out the settling in etc.

It's her last day at her other nursery today :(

omg, only a weeks notice???? :shock:

thats not on!!!! :x

good luck findin a new one tina, i know how difficult it is :hug:

Bloomin heck that's short notice!

I hope you can find somewhere quickly.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
that is really short notice, did they give a reason ?

sending you lots of good luck in finding a new nursery that both you and Gabriella like

:hug: :hug:

Hi

Oh no thats crap they only gave you a week notice hope you find a new one quick :hug:

OMG That is awful given that you have to pay the monthly amount in advance every month and they keep a full months fees as deposit, how on earth can they only give you 1 weeks notice on closing down! IF that happened to me I would have to take unpaid leave until I could find another place seeing as I put Ellies name down on the list while I was still pregnant to make sure I could get a nursery place I don't know how we would manage.

Thanks Girls

It really is awful. They are closing down; I think it is a money issue.
I didn;t really ask the right questions yesterday as I was in shock.
The girls that work there were only given a week too.

It's really bad as I would have to give a months notice if I was taking Gabs out of there.

It took me ages to find this nursery as there were so many that I didn;t like and the htought of going through all that again and the upheaval and upset for poor Gabs.

My work are being absolutely fantastic and said for me to take my time finding a place. I work at home one day a week anyway and they said I could do that when I needed and also bring Gabs into work if there are things I need to do. Not many workplaces would be so great and understanding so I am very very lucky.

Just need to find another place for Gabs now :(

I'll keep you posted :hug:

Just a thought if the staff working there have only been given 1 weeks notice. Talk to them and see if any (start with Gabs favorite) want some cash in hand work looking after Gabs while you both find new nurserys? You never know, you might be able to make it a long term thing.

Good idea Nicky.

I think I may try that. I am also seeing another nursery on Monday and they have the same flexibilty which is good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back