nuchal scan

angelfairy

Reaction score
Hi all,

am now 13 weeks pregnant and had my nuchal scan yesterday. Our baby is beautiful :)

The doctor said that he could tell us what sex the baby is if we wanted to know.....

Can you really tell at 13 weeks what sex the baby is? I thought it wasn't until around 16 weeks that the sex organs fully developed????

Am a little confused right now so would really appreciate some feedback.

Hugs

Angelfairy xxx

no the genitalia of male and females atthat stage are very similar. :? not unless he was going to have a wild guess.

also i thought a nuchal scan was just a psoh word for a 12 week scan and it just checks the folds around the neck ares of the baby for downs syndrome - some one correct me if im wrong on any points here.

thank you budge, was really confused by the doc.

Yes it is a scan to measure for downs, however you can have it anytime between 11 weeks and 13 weeks 5 days (I think).

Angelfairy x

id be really surprised if you can tell the sex of a 13 week old fetus but you never know these days!

I had a nuchal scan with this pregnancy and I would say that it is the most in depth scan I have had. I had mine down at Kings College Hospital, London.

I also had a nuchal scan done with a pregnancy 10 years ago but unfortunately things were not right and I had to have amnio which detected Edwards Syndrome :(

I think they should make these scans a routine scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back