NT / combined results - how long?

Sorry to hear that Inky xx wishing the best for you xx

Sending huge hugs honey.

I know how you feel as I got 1 in 49 ... had further testing which came back at 1 in 1,000,000

Keep positive xx

I know that statistically the chance of a problem is very small but there are all those horrible doubts that absolutely refuse to go away. I'm so fragile emotionally at the moment, and I know I'm catastrophising but I can't see the light or good in anything right now. I can't bring myself to look at baby stuff in case I end up not needing it, I can't tell my mum about any of this because my dad only died a month ago, it's far too soon for her to deal with this as well but she's the one person I really need a hug from right now. Urgh. Sometimes life just stinks doesn't it?

It sure does. Are you too late for CVS? It needs to be done before 14 weeks and would give you your answer sooner rather than waiting until 28th April.
We opted out of NHS screening and went straight for harmony testing because I've lost a baby at 13 weeks with a chromosome issue and that combined with my age gave me an NHS risk of 1 in 70 before they even done any screening. I found ARC really helpful when I was going through this in the past. Hugs to you xx
http://www.arc-uk.org

Yeah I'm too late for CVS, I'm 14+3 and only got the call yesterday. They said they'd rather I was at least 16 weeks before doing any further tests. I've not spoken to ARC yet but did come across their website earlier. I'll see if I can pluck up the courage to give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks scn x

Here, it's phone call if high risk, letter within three weeks if low risk. Xx Swindon

Yeah I'm too late for CVS, I'm 14+3 and only got the call yesterday. They said they'd rather I was at least 16 weeks before doing any further tests. I've not spoken to ARC yet but did come across their website earlier. I'll see if I can pluck up the courage to give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks scn x

That's too bad, the waiting is awful when you just need to know.
I hope you managed to give ARC a ring and find some support xx

I didn't pluck up the courage to call them. Did have a better talk with OH though, he did some research of his own and started asking questions that were actually pertinent, which helped.

As long as you're getting some support it doesn't matter where it comes from. The ARC site also has a forum like this where you can talk to others going through or have been through similar ... you may find that useful (I seen your other thread) for hearing others experiences xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back