How long do blood results take?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Amanda, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I had my downs test bloods taken at the midwifes last Tuesday, but with all the other stuff going on with my blood pressure, I completely forgot to ask her what happens next!!

Will they let me know the results? Do I need to call for them? If I do, how long do they take?

I'm not seeing her again until I'm 21 weeks and don't want to wait that long.

2. Anna Marie

Anna Marie Well-Known Member

Hi Tankett.. should take 1-2 weeks depending on how busy the hospital lab is etc.. mind you my m/w never called me about my spina bifida results and that was over 3 weeks ago now.. so be sure to call the GP or m/w surgery to chase up if you haven't heard after a week or so..

x

3. lmwarr

lmwarr Well-Known Member

My god my hospital are actually efficient on this one. I had my blood test results the same day for downs and everything was ok.

4. Dee1985

Dee1985 Well-Known Member

i found out my results at my next midwife appointment i dont think any one is ment to phone u

5. Keely

Keely Well-Known Member

I recieved a letter after about two weeks.... so looks like its different all over the country xxxxx

6. Lindsay

Lindsay Well-Known Member

I got a letter through the post after about 10 days.

Xxx

7. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

Thanks girls, it does seem different wherever you live. I had the bloods drawn on the 21st, so I'll leave it until the 4th April which will give them 2 weeks to send me a letter if they want. If I haven't heard, I'll ring them.