NT / combined results - how long?

inky

Reaction score
I rather stupidly forgot to ask how long it takes for the NT / combined results to come back when I had my scan and bloods done on Friday. When I lived in Northampton I wasn't ever notified, it was just confirmed all was OK at my next mw app. Down here you get notified by post and given a 1 in whatever risk ratio. The Thought of getting this in the post has got me in a right old tizzy and now I'm panicking. Anyone else who's been notified by post - how long did it take? Do you know if you get notified quicker if something is wrong? My nerves can't take it lol

I got it really quick, can't remember exactly, but I know it was within 2 weeks. Think it was a week and a half. I was surprised it came back as quickly as it did.

I forgot I got mine, they says if they come within the week its highrisk 2 weeks for low risk.

Mine were posted 6 days after being taken and came back the other day low risk.

My friend got hers back within a week normal too.

xxxx

OK so 1-2 weeks then. It's weird, knowing I should expect the results is making me worry. My last 2 pregnancies I sailed through without any concerns but this time I'm constantly on edge. Not nice :(

Here it's a call within 7 days if high risk and a letter if low risk within 2-3 weeks.

If it's high risk they should phone you, you won't get that through the post.

Both me and my friend were advised the exact same advice from the Southern and community MWs (at different times), may differ on boards - but we were told high risk 1 week in post, low risk 2 weeks.

Either way the results will be 1-2 weeks love yes.

xxxx

They phone for high risk at the vale

It's the way it should be everywhere IMO, you don't need results like that through the post, it's shocking to think that's the way some women will hear that news x

Unfortunately though the NHS dont really have enough staff (at the Southern esp as it is a main MAT hospital) to call back all the patients. I work with cancer patients who sometimes have to wait although we usually bring them back to the clinic for the results. Perhaps that be a bit better - I dont think Id personally like a phone call with results like that either. Id rather be brought back, sat down and spoken to. I guess I never really expected any high risk results so never gave much thought into it.

But hey, thats the NHS for you. Hardly any money for patient care now.

xxxx

I'll just hope my phone doesn't ring either then lol. I'd much rather be told bad news over the phone than by post though, post is way too impersonal.

Definitely, you cant then question anything immediately I guess.

No news is good news :)

I didnt even get an actual reference range - my letter simply said the results have come back as low risk in bold. Not like 1 in x amount, just low risk. Good enough for me though :p

xxxx

In Fife, it was a case of them contacting you if it was high risk, and no news would be good news. There was a note in my file when I went back at 20 weeks with the actual numbers, but never received anything in the post.

Christ. Youd rathed know still though.

The first time my blood sample got lost, it wasnt NT ones back then they were only trialing the NT scan. But the regular downs screening i think it was, I ended up having to do again later in the pregnancy. All was well but the not knowing was awful.

xxxx

Last edited:
Well, I just found out that here in Gwent you get a phone call if you're high risk. NT screen came back with 1 in 77 chance of Downs. Amnio is booked for 28th April. Trying stay positive but in the wake of my dad's death and my kids having chicken pox I'm finding it a bit hard :(

Oh sorry to hear hun.

Ive heard of ladies who are having babies later sometimes come back high risk and all is well. Are you going for harmony testing?

Sorry for your loss to honey :hugs:

xxxx

I really don't know right now, just waiting for OH to come home x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2