• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November 2018 mummies-to-be

Hi Mel, can I ask why you decided to go to the gender scan on your own? I LOVE the cannon idea!

We can’t decide whether to find out this time or not. We didn’t with dd, did with ds and both were magical. But I just... I DESPERATELY want to know but I feel as its our last time we shouldn’t?? I know it’s personal choice and none of you can make the decision for me but it would be much easier if I could just make up my mind! Xx

Hubby has to work. It's his bday so I thought it was a great idea to surprise him for his bday as I've no idea what to buy him, Plus we didn't make a big fuss when we got our BFP as I was bleeding, we were back n forth to the EPU for early scans, for 2 wks we thought we were miscarrying again). I want to make a big fuss of this, with an announcement, as I wasn't able to tell him in a cute way (as I did with our son 5yrs ago) - so this will hopefully go some way to making up for that. Felt a bit cheated to not have that "guess what.. eek" moment....

But then decided to wait n find out together when he's home from work, was even better...

What a lovely lovely idea! I bet you are SO excited to see your little baby again! Can’t quite believe we have come this far. (I had bleeding in the first tri too). How did you tell him with ds?

Thanks for your comment moonmin xx I loved the whole ‘I wonder what baby is’ with our first. I asked that dh told me the sex when she was born and that is a moment I will never forget. See now I’m remembering it I’m back to thinking a surprise would be lovely. Argh! Xx

The confetti popper failed... instead of shooting up in the air like a party popper - it just fell out on the floor...

Hilarious!! :)

But we are Team.... BLUE !!

Lmao!! That is what would happen to me. Did he love the surprise?

Congratulations on another beautiful boy!! Xx

Yeah he loved the surprise.

Spent the day thinking of names ❤️❤️

We have really no idea about names. Gonna give ourselves double the work staying team yellow but I think it will be worth it.

Yeah although I have to say - I feel this renewed excitement - like we've found out we're pregnant all over again. It's strange. To know its a boy - to call baby HE, rather than IT... and think about names, and the bits n pieces we have with some real logic/purpose. Feels amazing I have to say....

Nameswise... still unsure - quite like Ethan or Isaac..

So pleased for you Mel. We've started looking at things to buy. As it's our first, we need everything but it's really hard to work out what we actually need as there's just so much to choose from.

There's a lot of things people say you 'need' that really, you don't! xo

That's exactly my thoughts!! I'm really trying to be sensible and not get carried away. Clothes especially as everyone always gets so much as gifts that half of it doesn't even get worn.

Does anyone else feel like they are piling the pounds on?? Maybe cause it’s good weather I’m feeling huge and only 16 weeks. I maybe need to lay of the crisps for a while!! Lol

This was something I was worried about this time.

With my first I gained 24lbs and he was 9lbs of that. I was just bump - didn't seem to gain weight anywhere else thankfully. But that said I was in better share before I fell pregnant with him. I'm carrying an extra stone in weight this time BEFORE falling pregnant. But I looked back at my records last time, and I gained 5-6 lbs from my booking in appointment to 17weeks... and I've done the same this time. So while bump seems to have popped sooner, and I think I look bigger - I must be losing weight elsewhere I guess..

I'm still following slimming world so I'm hoping to keep a handle on it... lol... we'll see though...

That's exactly my thoughts!! I'm really trying to be sensible and not get carried away. Clothes especially as everyone always gets so much as gifts that half of it doesn't even get worn.

Why not, when you have one/if you have one, share your list of things to buy here and those of us who have had a little one before can advise on what we think is necessary or not? :)

Why not, when you have one/if you have one, share your list of things to buy here and those of us who have had a little one before can advise on what we think is necessary or not? :)

Yes!! I would love that!! It would be great to hear of any must have or must nots from people who have already done it.

How is everyone doing ?? wanted to check in.. had much movements yet ?

Still much the same here. Saw midwife at 16 weeks. She was able to hear the heartbeat which was lovely especially as I'm the least pregnant looking person still!! On the plus side I've got the best boobs I've ever had. I'm very petite so never been blessed in that department lol!! Not feeling movement either. Odd twinges here and there but nothing that I could say for sure. 20 week scan at the end of the month.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Last edited:
Hey how are yous?? I’m good I’m just eating... and eating.. and eating... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh