Not working - maternity pay

Eveadel

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can receive maternity payment even if you are not working???

The reason I ask this question is that Im currently on maternity leave (unpaid now) due to go back in July. I am thinking of starting to try for another baby in September. If I dont go back to work will I still get a government maternity pay, etc??? I understand that it is being extended to 9 onths from April???

not sure about any maternity money but you could get some form of income support :think: :?

Thanks. So basically I wouldnt be entitled to anything as would not be eligible for IS. :(

Sounds like it might be worth you going back to work just to qualify for the maternity pay again. I'm not sure if there's a minimum period you have to be back but I know a lady who had one baby, took the leave, came back and left for the second baby within 3 months! She got all her maternity pay twice.

Just a thought.
:hug:

If you are going back to work in July and then start trying in Sept even if you fell straight away then by the time that you are due to go on Maternity leave you may be re-entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay. you will need to satisfy the continuous employment rule.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/ni17a/smp/smp_9.asp

its only extended to 9 months if your baby is due after 1st april 2007....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back