• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not taking any weight on legs

Duds

Reaction score
Im really quite worried as Aimee is now 7months old and really doesnt take her weight on her legs at all, I have been putting her in her door bouncer to try and build some strength but she still only has a tiny jump about.
She may just be really lazy but im worried its something more as all you guys with babies approx the same age seem to be on the move.

She has very clicky knees also, maybe that has something to do with it....

Is it best to speak to the HV or book a drs appt? ? has anyone with babies older than 7months also been like this & just been late?
I dont mind her being late in crawling etc but just worry its something more.......... :?

Hey Duds,
I wouldn't worry too much about her not wanting to take weight on her legs just yet. Some babies are just slower than others. If she's still doing this in a few months then, yes I would ask GP. As for the clicking knees....Not sure. If you are worried, then do ask HV or GP. It'll put your mind at rest one way or another. You'll only be wondering and assuming bad things otherwise.
I'm sure she's fine. Take care.... :hug:

My friends little boy was the same,it was as though he no muscle in his legs and when you tried to stand him up he would collapse on the floor and just couldn't take any weight. It turned out he was just a little late and a little lazy. He didn't crawl until he was 1 and even then it was more of a drag than a crawl. He has been walking now for a couple of months,but he will be 2 in october. I am sure she is fine hun but there is no harm is speaking to the HV to put your mind at rest xx

Hey hun

as the others said they all do things at different times.

did you have a six month check? wondered if they noticed anything then.

our doc checked alex was taking his weight on his legs then. probelm was alex just thought it was lkike his door bouncer and tried to bounce up & down :lol:

not sure if he def should have been at that point or not.

i would personally see your gp over hv's. just seem to get more answers out of them. my hvs never picked up alex's asthma (never even noticed that he was wheezing like a 80 year old on 50 fags a day and when i mentioned it just brushed it off!)and my doc got it right away.

sure all is fine hun but might stop you worrying to hear it from a Dr.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know its hard not to worry, but I wouldnt yet, but to put your mind at ease make a doc's appt.

I made a post a while back about Ella having clicking joints, I was concerned that there was something wrong, but then many ppl replied saying that there babies do that too so Im sure its perfectly normal.

Aimee will get there eventually dont worry, wish Ella was lazy too, she's hard work to keep up with now! and she's not even crawling yet! god help me when she does lol :D

Phoebe has only just started putting weight on her legs. In the last month :lol:

Phoebe is definately a lazy baby. Slouches too :?

Don't worry hun :hug: Some babies are just late starters. Oscar has clicky joints - seems a common thing!

Just you enjoy being stationary and the layout of your house at the moment.... in a couple of months time, you'll have to charge around and rearrange the house completely! :D

Emilia xx

Aimee has only just started taking weight on her legs. Infact i posted the exact same thing on here about it but then she just started doing it one day out of the blue. She went from nothing to doing it just holding my hands over night. She only started sitting up about 2 weeks ago and is not crawling yet either. They all go at thier own pace.

Thanks for your replies, I think i will leave it a bit longer before saying anything as I feel stupid & no doubt the HV will just treat me like I am!

Em I was wondering if she should have a 7month check but I havent been contacted at all.... :? I do agreee the doc would be better.

I have been trying to encourage her today but no joy, spose I have to keep trying and she will hopefully in her own time....
The strange thing is she is not a lazy character at all, she has always been really active wants to get going just doesnt know how

Hi

im sure its fine like everyone else says prob just a late starter.
Katrina

Dior was taking her own weight at about 8weeks she used to love me holding her up and she would stand on my lap. but harley has never done it he either lifts his legs up or they all go floppy :?

dionne said:
Dior was taking her own weight at about 8weeks she used to love me holding her up and she would stand on my lap. but harley has never done it he either lifts his legs up or they all go floppy :?

Thats excatly what Aimee is like, she just wont do it or if she does she puts it on her tip toes.... I have an appt with the HV tm as im quite concerned - she's nearly 8 months old!!!!

duds, let me no what the HV says. i no Harley is still so young but its just odd as Dior done it from so young

Hi Dionne,
Well, saw the HV friday & she was quite nice for a HV !
said to give it 4 weeks and if she isnt taking any weight by then then she will be referred for physio. said nothing to worry about & often they go on tip toes first & to keep practising with her by trying to make it fun etc.
Feel a bit bad as its probably my fault for not doing it with her early on. :oops:

The weird thing is the hv got her to do it for a few secs and since she has been getting better and better!
Dont think you have a problem with Harley & no point going to dr/hv as they will tell you to wait until he is 9months before doing anything... just keep trying, he will get it eventually.

x

duds i am glad you got it sorted, just saw this post and was going to say that there probably wasnt anything to worry about and i was going to ask whether you had a walker or not.

can i just say that aimee is so so pretty. she is so girly looking. x

ahhh thank Davina thats made my day ! :) Not very girlie anymore my mum's just given her a haircut! !

Yes we have a walker & so far no movement ! lazy babe!

Duds said:
Hi Dionne,
said to give it 4 weeks and if she isnt taking any weight by then then she will be referred for physio. said nothing to worry about & often they go on tip toes first & to keep practising with her by trying to make it fun etc.
Feel a bit bad as its probably my fault for not doing it with her early on. :oops:

The weird thing is the hv got her to do it for a few secs and since she has been getting better and better!
Dont think you have a problem with Harley & no point going to dr/hv as they will tell you to wait until he is 9months before doing anything... just keep trying, he will get it eventually.

x

ahhh thats good then. i keep trying with harley but were im holding him under the arms hes giggling and wont stand lol he does weight 20lb though lol hes only 4months old well 3months corrected age must be heavy for his lil legs :angel:

dionne said:
Duds said:
Hi Dionne,

x

ahhh thats good then. i keep trying with harley but were im holding him under the arms hes giggling and wont stand lol he does weight 20lb though lol hes only 4months old well 3months corrected age must be heavy for his lil legs :angel:

wow he is 20lbs now Dionne! :shock: I though Ella was big when I had her weighed today she is 21lbs!

Duds It sounds as though Aimee is starting to get the hang of it, as the HV says keep practising she will soon be a pro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back