not sure what this is?

HelenJ

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say I am on FAM and waiting until July/august to start and try for a second baby. We have to wait because 1. my baby is only 8.5months old and I want him to be 1 when we start to try for another baby and 2. we will move in January which means I shouldn't be pregnant sooner than July this year otherwise it will be very hard.

at the moment I am feeling very strange. My breasts have been feeling a lot heavier and are larger (kind of swollen), I have lots of veins on them and all of a sudden my areolas have become much darker. My breasts have also been very itchy. All the symptons of pregnancy (or at least what I had when I was pregnant with my first child). BUT: I had my period it started 16 days ago and by my calculations I ovulated yesterday, meaning I cannot be pregnant.

The cycle before this one I wasn't really able to calculate my ovulation and we had protected intercourse until day 20, then day 21 we had unprotected sex and the day after that my temperatures went up. I was really stressed out and did a pregnancy test at day 30 which was negative, then I got my period a day after, and it was much heavier than normal.

Now my question is, can you still get a (full) period while being pregnant and a temperature drop with this and be pregnant? I don't think so but the way my body is feeling at the moment is a preggo feeling.

Anyone has any idea on this?

Sorry for the long post and thank you so much in advance.

ooh Helen, I am not really sure, but if your ovulation coincided with day 21 sex (and was not actually day 21 but the right time) - it's not unheard of to have a period while pregnant, but not sure how common. you tested on day 30, which may have been too early.. have you tested since then ?

Would you be pleased if it was?

ooh Helen, I am not really sure, but if your ovulation coincided with day 21 sex (and was not actually day 21 but the right time) - it's not unheard of to have a period while pregnant, but not sure how common. you tested on day 30, which may have been too early.. have you tested since then ?

Would you be pleased if it was?

no I haven't tested because I got my period and I just thought oh ok the ovulation calculation at day 16 (instead of 21) was right. then after that all of a sudden my areolas became a lot darker and that was when I thought :shock: now I also have these veins again (I have always had them when I came out of the shower because I have quite fair skin) but now I have them without showering .

I don't have another test and they are quite expensive over here (about 7 pounds for one) so I have just ordered some from ebay. I still have to wait until they arrive which will take about 5 days I guess.

I hope it is false alarm because my husband just told me last month that he wants to try for a second one starting from July. We live with my parents at the moment (until we get our own house) which we will move in in january, so it would be very inconvenient and my parents would be very angry .

Hi Helen,
Yes, you could be pregnant. There really is no absolute with regards to the signs of pregnancy. I guess you will have to wait for the kit to arrive, otherwise you could indeed consult with your doctor, where you could get a test straight away. I dont know how it works in Holland, but in the Uk, the test will be free at your doctors surgery.

Yes it could be that you may be pregnant but sometimes your body reacts differently when ovulating. Try buying another test and if its negaive just wait and see what happens next cycle. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful xx

Sarah

Last edited:
Hi Helen,
Yes, you could be pregnant. There really is no absolute with regards to the signs of pregnancy. I guess you will have to wait for the kit to arrive, otherwise you could indeed consult with your doctor, where you could get a test straight away. I dont know how it works in Holland, but in the Uk, the test will be free at your doctors surgery.

thank you so much for your reply but I won't be going to the doctors. Were I live they have a nice system (not!) where you have what they call a "own risk" that you have to complete first and after that you get the doctors money back. The own risk is 300 euros (how insane is that). So I will wait for my tests to arrive :) and if I do get another menses I am pretty sure that I am not pregnant, so I will see what comes first (tests in the mail or the menses). :)

dear helen i wish u the best and as u wait for the out come

Hi Helen, just been thinking that if you did fall pregnant now, then you would be due in Dec I expect, so only a few weeks before your Jan moving date, could this be brought forward slightly if this happened and then you wouldn't worry so much about your parents reaction?

Good luck when the tests arrive X

Hi Helen, just been thinking that if you did fall pregnant now, then you would be due in Dec I expect, so only a few weeks before your Jan moving date, could this be brought forward slightly if this happened and then you wouldn't worry so much about your parents reaction?

Good luck when the tests arrive X

no unfortunately not, because the house we bought needs to be stripped and completey refurbished so I don't think my dad and husband who will do most of the work themselves will make it nice faster since they only have weekends and some evenings (they both work fulltime). so we hope to be in our house around the end of january (and of course holiday days are also in december meaning they won't be doing things right before christmas etc).

I am still waiting for the tests, they were send on monday but with easter this weekend I think they won't be here with the mail until next week, I do hope they come sooner but I don't think mail comes this friday either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back