Not sure if I am or not.....

Solstice

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im new here but found it very informative and interesting so thought i would post my dilemma and i hope you guys dont mind :)

I've had the mirena coil in for 18 months now and over the last few days ive had really really sore breasts. Ive also been quite moody but im kind of puting that down to losing my Grandad recently.

My bf says my boobs have got a bigger, im more moody and he says i seem to be more sleepy and forgetful.

As ive not had a period in over 6 months due to the coil is it possible for me to still be pregnant? I know i can get pregnant even with the coil in but its been so long since i had my son ive forgotten all the symptons lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Lots of love, Sol x x x x

i thought the coil was more or less 100% protective just a slight chance of an ectopic pregnancy :? i cant really offer any advice hun but i woulg go straight to your GP incase you are pregnant incase the coil starts causing any problems as it will have to be taken out.

Welcome to the forum hun take care and let us know what happens

xxxxxx

It is possible to conceive with the coil but it makes the womb a hostile environment so the chance of any fertilised egg attaching would be minimal. However with mirena it releases hormones to stop ovulation so thats double protection. Certainly not impossible as with any method but take a test to be on the safe side.

Ty guys for all your replies.

I went to see my GP today and im off to do the test this afternoon. He said because of the coil i have fitted its unlikely I am but as im displaying the symptoms I do need the test done asap.

It was my Granddad's funeral yesterday so Ive been a bit out of sorts with that which is why doing a test went completely out of my mind. Im so dim at times lol.

I will come back and let you guys know as soon as i do :)

Thankyou again,

Lots of love, Sol x x x x

good luck hun and hope you get the answer your looking for take care and let us know

xxxxxxxxx

would you feel happy if you were pg? when are you going to test? hope you get the answer you are after xx

Good Luck hun & I hope you get the result you are after!! xx

Hi guys,

Sorry about the wait, was only able to do the test this afternoon. Result was negative im afraid. Feel really low now tbh. Would have preferred a positive result lol.

I was reading through the instructions and it said if it was a negative result but i still have symptoms then im to take another in 3 days time.

I will let you know how i get on and ty all for your support :)

Love, Sol x x x x

aw sorry you didnt get the result you wanted but you can get false negatives as you say. x

I got a negative, then my positive 2 days later, so good luck!! xxx :pray: :pray: :pray:

Ive been reading through some more of the threads on here and its really nice to see that other ladies have started with BFN and then a few days later got BFP.

Oooo what i just said sounds awful :s but im sure you know what i mean.

My mind is all over the place at the moment cos im sure i have some symptoms. Yesterday i started feeling nauseaus (sp) after i had eaten a penguin biscuit, never had a problem with them before lol. Thought nothing of it but i had another biscuit last night and felt really sick again.

My boobs are still really sore and im sure the left arola is slightly darker than the right lol. As for tiredness, im taking out shares in matches to keep my eyelids open lol.

Maybe im hoping too much to be PG. I keep thinking though that even if i was i would only be 2 weeks possibly as ovualtion was roughly 2 and a bit weeks ago.

Im soooo confused :(

Love, Sol x x x x

P.S. im really enjoying this forum tho, you guys are really supportive and kind :)

Hunny I got 2 positives and a negative in the same day :shock:

Fingers crossed for you :)

Ok this is gonna sound really silly but i have to ask........how faint can a line be to show a BFP?

Ive just been to look at my test again and took it into my son's room as it has the best light in there and i could have sworn i saw the faintest blue line ever. I had to turn the test about tho to see it lol and now im wondering if my mind is playing tricks on me.

I keep remembering about what you guys have said on other posts about waiting a couple of days then retesting and now its becoming my mantra lol.

It will be just my luck that AF will come tomorrow.

Love, Sol x x x

P.S do they have a marker already in them that has to be highlighted? Or is it the reflection from the other blue line? I think im being too hopeful here guys. Thing is i cant see it unless i turn the stick to a certain way and squint at it lol. It looks completely negative otherwise. My brains pickled.

Hi I had these on the acon diagnostic ones and to be honest you could see nothing hardley well unless you squinted for hours til you were cross-eyed :wink:

I had enough of doin' that so went out and bought a pack of three (oo-er I hear you say) of the digital testers and that said "pregnant" and the acon's were still only just showing squint lines.
Good luck though
Take Care bex

I invested in the digital Clear Blue, expensive but I wanted to see in writing "pregnant" on the screen...It took three positives to convince me though!!

Good luck xxxx

Hi hun,

I don't want to get your hopes up, by I too got such a faint positive the first time, I had to hold it in a certain way under the light to see it and ask my sister if she could see anything, she thought she could, but wasn't convinced.....so I did another one later, and again, I got a faint positive.

I found the Clearblue pink tips the best to use, but after 3 days I also did a digital clearblue, just to see the word "pregnant", although be warned, they do not continue to say "pregnant" forever, I spose the word disapeared after about a few hours after I did the test, but I was so gutted as I wanted to show my OH, and I screwed the last test up!!! :oops: :lol:

So if you want your OH to see it, make sure you will be seeing him within an hour or so of doing the test :wink:

Best of luck hun! :pray: xx

Hi I know the word Pregnant disappears but if you pull the stick out you will see two blue lines these are what I showed the doctors.
Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back