" Not in your mouth"

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Seriously I need to just record myself saying it & then play it back constantly for the entire day!

When does it enddd? LO has just turned 1 and it definitely seems as if its gotten worse the last few days, literally if its any smaller than the size of his hand it's going in, no matter what it might be!

Luckily he knows what "ick" means, so if he does put something dangerous or bad in there I can tell him it's "ick" and he will spit it out, and he also knows how to "show me your tongue" which again is very helpful, but its driving me bonkers! I have to keep one eye on him 24/7 which I'm definitely not used to as he usually very well behaved, just in case he eats something..

Advice & reassurance needed that my son isn't actually a human dustbin :rofl:

I think it actually gets worse when they can tell you what they've just managed to eat. I'll never forget my then 15 month old daughter telling me she'd eaten cotton wool :shock:

It does stop eventually, but to be honest I can't remember exactly when.

Yeh, I think it just gets worse. I'm sure my LO thinks his name is Anderson, no! Cos that's all I keep saying to him!

My LO's thing seems to be paper, I always catch him eating paper.

At almost 18 months my daughter has almost finally grown out of it. Went to a restaurant on Saturday and they gave her crayons and a coloring book. For the first time ever, she didn't try to eat them! Instead attempted a bit of colluding in.
So it gets better.x

Toilet roll and tissues are a delicacy here. As are small stones, carpet fluff and cat fur. Yum yum...

My lo is the same. Absolutely everything goes in his mouth. He now looks at me with a cheeky grin as he puts whatever up to his mouth cos he knows I'm going to say DON'T PUT THAT IN YOUR MOUTH! Nearly died the other day when I saw him about to put a pound coin in his mouth! :shock: it fell out my oh's pocket on to the sofa. Can't wait til he stops!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back